Jackson Custom Shop Sucks! Avoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
    Matt at Matts Music told me the wait is that long because they only have three guys who are actually allowed to do custom shop builds. Shannon, Santana, and Red Dave IIRC.

That's been public knowledge for a long time...

Comment

Maybe he was unaware of that fact Dave...
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Let's not forget that while there are the 2 main Jackson builders (Red-Dave mainly does Charvel as I understand it), once the woodwork is done, that's pretty much the end of Shannon / Santana's involvement. Paint, assembly and setup isn't done by them..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Let's not forget that while there are the 2 main Jackson builders (Red-Dave mainly does Charvel as I understand it), once the woodwork is done, that's pretty much the end of Shannon / Santana's involvement. Paint, assembly and setup isn't done by them..
          And the bigger point you already made Ian, same as I've been saying for awhile, too many dealer spec guitars take priority over customer orders.

Comment

Post your Jacksons for sale then lets see them.
            Gotta go platinum first.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Talk to your dealer and get them to raise hell - you should be able to get progress pics so at least you can check the status.
              +1 This sounds like a dealer issue to me as well. Also when you get that guitar I'll bet your whole tune will change.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Custom shop delivery times from Charvel and Jackson have always been long. Did you just find this out? That's why I don't mess with them. I buy plain Jane Charvels and do what I need to to them which is usually another pickup route, or a new body, new pickups and a refin. I'm getting too old to wait 2+ years for a guitar. Heck, I had Mike Learn build a guitar for me in around 3 1/2 months and he doesn't even had a CNC machine. If I want another full blow custom guitar I'll go through him.

Comment

My War Angel took 18 months from order to delivery, and it was a custom body shape.

My 7-string WR took 19 months from order to delivery, and was placed before the War Angel. I think they had to rebuild it - there was a pic of a Blood Drip 6-string WR on the rack behind the pics of another order the same dealer had received fro Jackson, and I wondered aloud if that was mine (since it was a bolt-on, and only a skinflint bastard like me would order a bolt-on CS WR )
                  Never got a definite answer, but the general vibe was "oops, yeah, sorry 'bout that - DO OVER!"

So both of those were considered Custom Body Shapes (since they had never really done a CS bolt-on WR7 before), AND I got a sweet freebie case upgrade for the War Angel - white tolex with gold piping!

So yeah, your 2-year+ wait sucks for you. Glad it wasn't me

But to be fair, this was right after they did the "clear the backlog" thing, so they weren't piled high with orders like they are now.

But let's hear these fabulous specs of yours that's giving the CS fits.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you think their wait times suck,try ordering a custom pool cue from South West. Their wait time is currently 11 YEARS. Tommy D.
                    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                      Custom shop delivery times from Charvel and Jackson have always been long. Did you just find this out? That's why I don't mess with them. I buy plain Jane Charvels and do what I need to to them which is usually another pickup route, or a new body, new pickups and a refin. I'm getting too old to wait 2+ years for a guitar. Heck, I had Mike Learn build a guitar for me in around 3 1/2 months and he doesn't even had a CNC machine. If I want another full blow custom guitar I'll go through him.
                      Much to my surprise, my 2 in process have been 100% hand built, no CNC

Comment

It gets worse! Those A-holes have move my date from 12/31/13 to April 2014 (close to 3 years!) REALLY!! I will be cancelling and probably selling off what Jacksons I have!

Comment

Originally posted by Dukeman5 View Post
                          It gets worse! Those A-holes have move my date from 12/31/13 to April 2014 (close to 3 years!) REALLY!! I will be cancelling and probably selling off what Jacksons I have!
                          Looking forward to what Jacksons you have for sale...pics?

Comment

Thatll show em

Could you do me a favor and put something cool like impeach obama in your signature line too; it would turn up about as useful
                            Haters gonna hate
                            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Have a drink, take a deep breath and relax. You have waited this long and you ordered it for a reason. It's wrong but it is what it is. The time will fly by and just maybe they will get it done sooner. You'll be glad if you wait....

Comment

I've never ordered a CS Jackson. I've played a lot of them, but never ordered one myself. When I ordered a semi-custom EBMM Axis, I thought the 8 month wait was long. Sheesh! Before you cancel your order, check if another builder can build you a jackson instead of jackson. I'd give Ran, GJ2, Wayne, GMW, GMP, Dean a call and see what they say. However, a CS Jackson is hard to top.

Comment

Working...
                                X