Neck Back Profiles - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
    It may be on a few old USA Selects and on custom shop models but no USA Select that I can find comes with that profile you've just posted (710-775)unless that's the Rhoads or PC 1 spec because I don't know their measurements. Jackson doesn't even have that profile listed. I am not saying it doesn't exist I am just saying I don't think it's a standard neck profile anymore. KV2's and Kelly's have the Speed Neck, Soloists have the Standard neck and Dinky's have the Dinky neck obviously. I have no idea what the Rhoads Model comes with neck profile wise but I'd love to know. I'd also like to know what guitars come stock with the "Classic" (735-825) profile. And what the hell the PC1 neck profile is measurement wise.
    Please re-read what I said.

Like I said, it's not a listed spec. One of the guitars that had it was a CS made for an endorsee. I've never played a USA Select with this profile. USA Selects have standard neck specs. It's NOT a Rhoads or PC1 spec neck. The flat spot D profile pre-exists the Select series. I've had 3 CS guitars with this spec. It's thinner than a normal speed neck, especially past the 12th fret and it has a flat spot that the speed neck does not have.

I've owned 60+ USA and CS Jacksons and Charvels and this profile isn't just a random occurrence, it's specifically made as I've said, I've owned several guitars from various years that had this same profile.

I don't care if you say it exists or doesn't as I'll state yet again, I've owned several guitars with this profile...

Please bitch slap yourself...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

All he was saying is that it's not a listed spec, not that it does not exisit....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
        All he was saying is that it's not a listed spec, not that it does not exisit....
        Thank you Dave.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          Please re-read what I said.

Like I said, it's not a listed spec. One of the guitars that had it was a CS made for an endorsee. I've never played a USA Select with this profile. USA Selects have standard neck specs. It's NOT a Rhoads or PC1 spec neck. The flat spot D profile pre-exists the Select series. I've had 3 CS guitars with this spec. It's thinner than a normal speed neck, especially past the 12th fret and it has a flat spot that the speed neck does not have.

I've owned 60+ USA and CS Jacksons and Charvels and this profile isn't just a random occurrence, it's specifically made as I've said, I've owned several guitars from various years that had this same profile.

I don't care if you say it exists or doesn't as I'll state yet again, I've owned several guitars with this profile...

Please bitch slap yourself...
          Perhaps you should re read the post Xenophobe. Like Dave Rocks said, I never said it doesn't exist. I just said it's not listed on the spec sheet. There's also no need to be rude or ignorant. I thought we were having a nice discussion on neck profiles, not throwing excrement at each other like two monkeys in adjacent trees.
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 09-25-2013, 12:14 AM.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I once saw a monkey (could have been a gorilla) eat his own shit, barf it into his hand and then eat it again. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by metaldaze View Post
              i once saw a monkey (could have been a gorilla) eat his own shit, barf it into his hand and then eat it again. Just sayin'

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                I once saw a monkey (could have been a gorilla) eat his own shit, barf it into his hand and then eat it again. Just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                X