No announcement yet.

8-string Extreme Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody would have to pay a chunk to get a Floyd done up. I've heard of people cutting/welding two 6's together before. But Kahler offers everything up to 10 strings now, including stud mounts and those multi-scale monstrosities. The newer 7 string Kahlers are spiffy so I'm sure the 8's are as well.
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I find the 7-string OFR to be disproportionate in size - it seems like it should be longer from pivots to tuners - but then that may just be from 30+ years of seeing them as 6-string proportions. Kahlers have always looked a tad oversized to me, so going up in width doesn't mess with the visual scale all that much.

Those 7/8+ string standrd bridges look like combs to me. Or those wire brushes you get for cleaning your BBQ grill

And after re-reading the specs, I better get my CC paid off and place my "ultimate" CS order before someone else has the same idea
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I won't think of the same thing this time dude. My next CS is gonna be a 6 string vintage cream maple board'd Tele with dot inlays and tortoise binding with some uber cool chrome lipstick single coils! Bahaha!

Comment

DAMMIT!

j/k

Mine's gonna be sick, though. Thought of another one the other day, too. Might combine the two.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a dozen ideas for CS's I never got to do! I am practically ashamed I haven't gotten to order a 7 string Warrior yet! Still waiting on my damnable Custom Select.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              I could see Kahler doing an 8-string model, but Floyd...I don't think they can. At least not without making it longer as well as wider.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
              X