No announcement yet.

This look legit to you guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That route looks wrong. It's angled so it's flush at the trem posts... I don't recall seeing a route like that. The CJ import pullup route was full-depth all the way around. I could post pics, but they'd be of non-US market Charvel imports from the same era 89-91, so that doesn't necessarily mean squat.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

IIRC, there was a "transitional" route used for a short period around this time, maybe for a year or two tops. Kind of halfway between a non-recessed angle but with a back route for more pull-up room. That might be it.

Comment

Wow, whole lotta handwringing going on with this one! :think:

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          IIRC, there was a "transitional" route used for a short period around this time, maybe for a year or two tops. Kind of halfway between a non-recessed angle but with a back route for more pull-up room. That might be it.
          I believe this one to be one of these. The '89 era had this type of route. I have a soloist from this era and it looks nearly if not identical. Most of the Floyds on these were the Jackson logod Schallers. Enough talk, it's legit now just buy the damn thing!!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That Axe, 6024, has been floating around for the last 18 months trying to find a permanent home. I had it for a bit, traded it to Mike Learn as partial payment for the Fata Humanitus RR1. Had dual push pull pots and a a different bridge pup when i owned it. http://s57.photobucket.com/user/sl2h...?sort=3&page=1 is a link to a shitload of pix
            Last edited by len; 08-03-2013, 11:15 AM.
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
              That Axe, 6024, has been floating around for the last 18 months trying to find a permanent home. I had it for a bit, traded it to Mike Learn as partial payment for the Fata Humanitus RR1. Had dual push pull pots and a a different bridge pup when i owned it.
              so you had this one for a bit?
              what's the nut width on it and how's it play, c'mon man I'm torn here , don't want to get stuck with a dog when I don't really need it.
              c'mon ....spill
              Last edited by kmanick; 08-03-2013, 01:07 PM.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That Axe, 6024, has been floating around for the last 18 months trying to find a permanent home. I had it for a bit, traded it to Mike Learn as partial payment for the Fata Humanitus RR1. Had dual push pull pots and a a different bridge pup when i owned it.
                Yeah, FWIW it was on Denver CL for about 4 months at 699. Then it disappeared for awhile and returned at 599 where it was scooped up by Gravity Music - who flip a lot of gear. Betcha Gravity got it for maybe 550??Mark
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

I had it for a bit
                  Interesting, I thought for a minute that maybe it was that same one. The humbucker threw me, and I didn't remember yours having that pullup route. I knew there were some shenanigans going on with that humbucker! Geez nobody listens to me...

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                    so you had this one for a bit?
                    what's the nut width on it and how's it play, c'mon man I'm torn here , don't want to get stuck with a dog when I don't rally need it.
                    c'mon ....spill
                    I got it via the JCF classifieds sometime between Feb and April last year. Can't remember from who though.
                    Never really played it that much, those days i had all my neck thru's on the wall and the Pepto, without sharkies it really was not a good fit.

The way i look at it .. Someones number 5-6 can always be someone else's number 1.
                    Last edited by len; 08-03-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I have never seen an old Jackson like that but I do have three very old Kramers all with Floyd Rose Trems. My main thing I see is that the screws that adjust the bridge height on the trem are allan keys. ALL of my old Kramers with floyds have a flat head screw for adjusting bridge height. Maybe Jacksons are different though but like I said all the old Kramers have a flat head screw.
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Jacksons are different for that time frame. I have several mid to late 80s SD and Ontario made Jaclsons that use Allen head screws. It was a design change.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                          ALL of my old Kramers with floyds have a flat head screw for adjusting bridge height. Maybe Jacksons are different though but like I said all the old Kramers have a flat head screw.
                          The Floyd posts with the flat head screw are usually the wood screws with the tapered head that go directly into the wood. Are these the type on the Kramers? I've only ever seen these on early SD-era J/Cs. Never seen them on an Ontario-made one....until someone posts it in this thread!

And regarding the allen screw ones, I've come across 2 varieties in the SD/Ontario era, the larger hex hole that is a true Schaller made head or at least came with OFRs and the slightly smaller hex hole that was the JT-6 type. Both had coarse threads but I'm not sure if they were interchangeable.
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Someones number 5-6 can always be someone else's number 1.
                            I think it's going to turn out that way. I'm ordering the correct size pickup ring from Frets On the Net to replace the one someone MacGyvered in its place, and the pots need to be replaced. Otherwise, it's in really good shape, and it plays great. With any luck, I'll be giving it a forever home.

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
                              I think it's going to turn out that way. I'm ordering the correct size pickup ring from Frets On the Net to replace the one someone MacGyvered in its place, and the pots need to be replaced. Otherwise, it's in really good shape, and it plays great. With any luck, I'll be giving it a forever home.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                                And regarding the allen screw ones, I've come across 2 varieties in the SD/Ontario era, the larger hex hole that is a true Schaller made head or at least came with OFRs and the slightly smaller hex hole that was the JT-6 type. Both had coarse threads but I'm not sure if they were interchangeable.
                                The vast majority of strats had the smaller allen size. This is a metric size. I've only encountered the larger allen size one time, and it is actually an imperial size. That led me to believe that Kahler sourced them (imperial = Made in USA). That's just a theory.

EDIT: And congrats to superduty!
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X