This look legit to you guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This look legit to you guys?

It looks like the trem is not original but something else about the body seems off to me?
    if not this is a pretty good deal, the necks on these late 80's Jacksons play great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Jackson-USA-Custom-Shop-San-Dimas-Pink-Electric-Guitar-w-Floyd-Rose-Case-/271242817546?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f2754f00a
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

It looks good to me. If I didn't have one nearly identical to it, I'd be all over it. This one has the pull-route which is correct for the year (mine doesn't have that). The only suspicious thing is there have been an oversized covered pup and ring changed to the regular sized uncovered pup. Note the small chip, possible pup ring screw hole? Uncovered standard sized humbuckers are slightly odd in these. That isn't a big deal. That appears to be an older factory Floyd on there. Tone knobs are pretty rare on these, but it could be original. It's not a "wrong" knob placement, in any event. The price is fair, especially with free shipping.

Comment

Why do you think the trem isn't original, did I miss something? The worn, brass fine tuners indicate an older Floyd, and the locknut looks good to me.

Comment

I have some pics from a previous listing and it's much more pink than this auction makes it look...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks legit. Looks very similar to the gold 87 I had
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thats a German schaller and has the back cut for it. Looks right to me. 89 Would have been in the right time frame for that to come on that guitar.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

the trem route does not fit correctly around the trem and there are some chips along the edge of the route.
              I raised a red flag with me, but I'm kind of tempted to grab it if it's legit.

Comment

As has been said, it's not a full trem route but a hybrid pull-up route only. This route looks correct for the Schaller, the OFR pull-up routes are a bit longer to accommodate the longer lock screws. I own both versions. I do see the chip on the route, pretty minor.

Comment

That route is correct for an 89. My 89 KV (which I bought new in Nov 89) has the same route. I would not be surprised if the term is swapped. Mine came with a JT-6 which I knew to be crap even back then and I promptly swapped it for an 84 OFR and never looked back. Drop in direct swap of the Jacksom trem.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

James where the hell you been man?
                    You need to swing by and check out this Axe Fx II rig I 've got set up

Comment

Hey Nick, I have been out of it for a while. Long story and we can catch up soon. I was hoping you might surface. Love to see the rig! Talk to you.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

So what exactly is Custom Shop about that? The paint and maybe the tone knob? Seems like a killer deal to me...

Comment

Looks legit to me and it looks like a Schaller trem to me it has the short locking screws.
                          The route looks close but I think its the angle of the pic.
                          Kick ass color If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate at that price.
                          Last edited by straycat; 08-01-2013, 01:34 AM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Boy View Post
                            So what exactly is Custom Shop about that? The paint and maybe the tone knob? Seems like a killer deal to me...
                            If I'm not mistaken, everything in those days was build to order, so effectively custom.

Comment

I don't think the bridge pup or ring were replaced. For some reason most of the Jackson's I've seen with the tabbed single coil route had the uncovered pup route.

Comment

Working...
                              X