Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Here Have a Short Scale Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Xenophobe owned that one for a little bit, found it at Guitar Center, then sold it after a little while.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I believe Xenophobe owned that one for a little bit, found it at Guitar Center, then sold it after a little while.
      I tried to pm him, my sent folder said '0' though,

Do you guys think an archtop (Jackson) is a bad choice for heavy rock, some metal, 80's hair band and van halen type stuff, iron maiden, and more modern as well?

I was trying to think why Jackson would build something that is NOT good at playing metal and rock.. but then I read a bunch of stuff how short scale is inferior for rock, metal, and general shredding. I read for at least 3 hours on different web sites, so I know the technical reasons....

I love the woods and awesome custom shop beauty of this guitar...but I don't have a chance to play it first..

Also, do you think it's worth $3000+? Is that a crazy high price? There's stuff on ebay for more than that..

It's a 2011 NAMM show guitar. Korina, maple top, abalone, reverse headstock, D-activators, TOM bridge, 22 frets.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
        I tried to pm him, my sent folder said '0' though,

Do you guys think an archtop (Jackson) is a bad choice for heavy rock, some metal, 80's hair band and van halen type stuff, iron maiden, and more modern as well?

I was trying to think why Jackson would build something that is NOT good at playing metal and rock.. but then I read a bunch of stuff how short scale is inferior for rock, metal, and general shredding. I read for at least 3 hours on different web sites, so I know the technical reasons....

I love the woods and awesome custom shop beauty of this guitar...but I don't have a chance to play it first..

Also, do you think it's worth $3000+? Is that a crazy high price? There's stuff on ebay for more than that..

It's a 2011 NAMM show guitar. Korina, maple top, abalone, reverse headstock, D-activators, TOM bridge, 22 frets.

Thanks
        You read a lot of bullshit. Think of how many metal player use LPs. Metal was founded on an SG.

Comment

Many people use short-scale guitars for metal without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            You read a lot of bullshit. Think of how many metal player use LPs. Metal was founded on an SG.
            Well, it was really a Strat that Iommi used first, even before Black Sabbath. Then when the first Black Sabbath album was being recorded, the Strat's pickup broke (I think he only recorded one or two songs with it), then he used his backup SG and the rest is history.

Comment

Yeah, that was mine. I responded to your PM btw.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Yeah, that was mine. I responded to your PM btw.
                Thanks for all the replies.. I liked so many things about that guitar, (korina, lots of abalone, rev headstock, solar with red mixed color maple cap), I didn't actually NEED an archtop.

Then I thought hey, I might be missing out as I know how popular the 750 is. Maybe archtop = awesome.

Then I found out it was short scale as well. More questions...

But when xenophobe told me it has a 'baseball bat' for a neck..nah I can't deal with that. But I learned a lot.

I am always going to check neck measurements and not assume anymore..

There is an archtop, short scale for sale 1/3 the price of this one maybe a better way to try one out...

Anyone know why it's been on ebay so long without a buyer?

thanks!

Comment

I have a SLATQH that has a great neck. 25.5 scale and 22 frets. Plays similar to my 2 SL2HT's.
                  Heath

Comment

Working...
                  X