Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Here Have a Short Scale Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Here Have a Short Scale Soloist?

Does anybody have one in either 22 or 24 frets. I am curious. I bet there are very few out there and most certainly custom shop I would think?

There might be but I don't think there could be very many.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a 22 fret Archtop soloist, it is a CS. Sorry for the pics, I suck at photography!!!

I like black and white guitars

Comment

Cool!! Is it 24.75 scale?

Comment

I own two 24.75 CS Soloists . The one I ordered has 22 frets , mahogany body , oiled maple neck , ebony board , OFR , 2H , gold hardware and tobacco quilt top . The other one was bought (used to be Archtops)here and is 22 frets Korina , 1H , string thru , solid black . I also a 2004 USA SLS which is 24.75 .
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Here's a pic of one I really considered buying. Sold before I could gather the funds, dammit. One of the coolests Jackson's I've ever seen. Its 24 3/4s

Last edited by Dog Boy; 08-11-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

That would be the one I bought. It is a great playing and sounding guitar.

Here is the only picture I have of the my CS order.
              I have owned this guitar for almost 10 years and never took good pics of it.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Boy View Post
                Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
                That would be the one I bought. It is a great playing and sounding guitar.
                Nice, but that volume knob is way out in left field. Good thing or would you change it?

Comment

I remember a black Fusion/Soloist that someone had years ago. HSS with an arched top in black.
                  Does anyone else remember that one?
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                  A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

JA0193 (flamed korina archtop soloist) is short scale too :

Comment

I think all the Archtop Soloists were short-scale? Can't recall if mine was.

My SLS Custom is 24 3/4", but that's an SLS.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        I think all the Archtop Soloists were short-scale?.
                        Nope. SLATQH production models were spec'd 22 frets/25.5, assuming you were mentionning those.

Comment

I did not know those were arched. Were they JA serials? Anyway, I think by the time those came out I was thoroughly offended by Strat-style bodies, so my interest in them was 0
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Nice, but that volume knob is way out in left field. Good thing or would you change it?
                            It bothered me at first mainly for it looks . But I have grown used to it . If it was my build I would have put the knob in the same spot as the 24 fret DK1s . Which is about 1/2 inch or so farther away than a SL2H or SL1 .
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Zedisdead View Post
                              JA0193 (flamed korina archtop soloist) is short scale too :

Hi - was this your guitar? How did it play compared to a regular scale soloist?

I think I saw something similar for sale in the $3000 range.

And did you like the d-activators?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X