Prices in the dump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    Ron, have you decided what you're gonna do? A proper refin and you wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong with it...
    Apparently I'm not a stickler then, it's good enough for me! So, no refin.

PM'd kv2akis
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

PM received and replied! Thanks!
      Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
      Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
      http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
      http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Apparently I'm not a stickler then, it's good enough for me! So, no refin.

PM'd kv2akis
        Understandable. It played really, really well. I would have been happy with that for $500.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

what did you old jcf guys pay for this when it came out? i would love to own it, just dont know the mark-up......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330835808740...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
            what did you old jcf guys pay for this when it came out? i would love to own it, just dont know the mark-up......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330835808740...84.m1423.l2649
            lol $7k? Crack pipe price.

(waiting for big red owners to chime in to condone the price)

Comment

For that price you could have your own built. You don't get the RKC extras, but whoopdeefuckindoo.

But, guitars are not essential like food and shelter and gas for the car, they're luxuries. If anyone's got the money to blow on a luxury item, they need to step up to the plate and pay the asking price. If you want a $150 guitar, Fender has something for you. If you want a USA Jackson, cough up the fucking money and quit trying to fuck a guy.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Interesting- I have bought USA Jacksons from dealers at low prices over the years. I have sold some to players for fair prices and no one has ever haggled, just paid what I was asking. It is always cool to deal with Jackson lovers. It is a buyers market in used gear right now that is for sure.

Comment

lol $7k? Crack pipe price.

(waiting for big red owners to chime in to condone the price)
                  As a Big Red owner...I'm too old to smoke crack or snort meth anymore. Darn. Not gonna condone the price...got mine for $2500.

I know the guy who is selling this axe(and the collector he bought it from)and he threw it up on eBay just to see what happens...

Comment

And at $2500, I think you stole it. Grats! And I don't have a problem with anyone asking whatever they want, it's their guitar. I'll be doing something similar to a guitar of mine. I expect to get a number of "are you crazy or an idiot?" comments. And I'm ok with that too!

Comment

I expect to get a number of "are you crazy or an idiot?" comments. And I'm ok with that too!
                      Yeah, you're probably used to hearing that alllll the time, right, Mike?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm still trying to ride out this price slump, snagging a few more deals here and there as we go down. Those "deals" that I got a year or two ago seem like value traps now.

Comment

"what did you old jcf guys pay for this when it came out? i would love to own it, just dont know the mark-up...."

Well, when we bought them we were sworn not to discuss price. And we were told that the last JCF model would not be duplicated, yet they did them again in silver a few years later in a limited run. Still, a double Rhoads is very rare and hard to find. Probably not worth 7K, but give it 20 or 30 years and that run could be worth a lot more than that...
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I always thought US J/C were waaaay overpriced to begin with, compared to the japs.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Yeah, you're probably used to hearing that alllll the time, right, Mike?
                              Life would be so much easier if that were true.

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                              I always thought US J/C were waaaay overpriced to begin with, compared to the japs.
                              Actually, USA Selects and CS guitars were a great value for the dollar up until what, the 2004-2005 price increase? Even really extravagant customs were being MSRP'd under $4k, which would mean you'd pay just under $3k and with wait times being what, 12 months or so at that point?

Comment

Working...
                              X