Seems like there is no way to sell a USA Jackson for what it's worth
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

Its just the way the economy is right now. Good for buyers with money but bad for sellers.
    1989 Magenta Charvel 650XL (Now my main guitar) , 1989 White Charvel 650XL, 1989 Trans Amber 750 XL, 1989 Cherry Sunburst 750XL Abortion,1990 Jackson soloist ATT pro Trans Red, 1993 Jackson Dinky Std Black with pick guard , 1992 Jackson Stealth Ex repainted, 1994 JDR-94, 1994 JDR-94, 1995 DR3 (Old Main Guitar) trans purple quilted maple picture , 2002 RR5 white and gold, 1988 Model 4 cobalt blue, 1993 Jackson Fusion Std black, 1990's Alvarez Fusion acoustic electric cutaway, 2009 Alvarez AD60ck Koa acoustic electric cutaway. Crate BV-150 Heads, SKB PS55 pedal Board, Shure wireless

Comment

I see plenty on ebay who think not. They might not ever sell, but they keep hoping.

Comment

Worth is only what someone will pay...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I see plenty on ebay who think not. They might not ever sell, but they keep hoping.
          And that's what they should do! It's about USA Jackson!! But as booger007 has already said its the way the economy is right now... such a shame..
          Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
          Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
          http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
          http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Definitely a buyer's market! Check out this interesting thread about the cracked but awesome RR1 I was able to score in September:

www.jcfonline.com/threads/133396-jackson-RR1
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Definitely a buyer's market! Check out this interesting thread about the cracked but awesome RR1 I was able to score in September:

www.jcfonline.com/threads/133396-jackson-RR1
              Just being curious about the asking price..! I guess it was a great deal! Nice score! I can't wait to get my hands on my new DK1!!
              Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
              Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
              http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
              http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Originally posted by djford View Post
                seems like there is no way to sell a usa jackson for what I want to get for it
                ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonkv2akis View Post
                  Just being curious about the asking price..! I guess it was a great deal! Nice score! I can't wait to get my hands on my new DK1!!
                  It was a great deal because the break wasn't bad at all, though the masking job on the refin was poor, the actual paint job was pretty acceptable if time was taken to clean up the edges. It played very well. Action at the 24th could be lowered to under 1.5mm without fretting out, but action that low is nearly impossible to play well.

Ron, have you decided what you're gonna do? A proper refin and you wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong with it...
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Good for me! No way I could afford new SL2H prices... well I could but wifey might have objected. luckily I found one around a grand used, now If I can find a wr1 at that price, id be all over it
                    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

For the prices I got my USAs over this year I'm definitely not going to complain. But I did manage to sell my used Gibson Explorer for what I paid for it back in 2006.

Comment

i was considering selling my holoflake, but after checking ebay prices the other day, there is no way i'd sell it for the $1200 range....i guess it will go back into the closet!!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

MarkD, clear your PMs.

Comment

ward - done
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It's definitely the economy, both on the buyer's and seller's end. Not only aren't there as many buyers willing or able to pay top dollar, but there has been a veritable flood of desirable USA Jacksons on eBay over the last few years. People are selling because they have to, or because they have to make tough choices about the "big boy toys." That also drives down prices. My passion is for '80s Soloists with the top-mount Floyds and angled necks, and there have been plenty of good ones to choose from recently, and at great prices. I have to stop myself from going hog wild at the Soloist buffet.

I hate to say it, but there also may be a generational factor at work. A lot of us '80s guys may be in our peak earning years right now and bringing in nice coin, but we're also focused on retirement plans, college funds, orthodontic work for the kids, etc. etc. etc.

A third factor: the stupid bubble market for Les Pauls has got everyone convinced that their fancy old USA whatever guitar is worth a fortune. Folks, there are a lot of old USA Jacksons out there, and they are not nearly as bubblicious as Les Pauls, since Jackson players actually play their guitars and view them as instruments, rather than treating them as wall decorations.
                              Last edited by pro-fusion; 11-27-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X