Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: SL2H Copper Snake Skin (also need a pick up recommendation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking Soloist.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Duncan Distortion. Both my King V's had JB's. They now have Duncan Distortions.

Comment

I put a USA strathead Charvel maple neck on my 05 Charvel copperhead. I'm also looking to get rid of the JB in the future. Duncan Custom was my thought also.
        You should take some pics in the sun it really brings out the colors.

Comment

Sorry I almost double posted.
          Last edited by hunter1970; 11-22-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

EMG or Super Distortion!!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

After some help of the kind people here (see my other thread), I switched the JB for a TB-5. Installation was easy. I also added a fourth spring on the OFR because I play with D'addario 11-49. It is more stable this way IMHO. So I had to do a new setup again (with low action). Totally worth it. I used to dig EMG's a lot, but this sounds damn good. Gary Holt (Exodus) uses the TB-5 also. Perhaps I will try a TB-6 (SD Distortion) later on, but for now this pickup is hot and tight enough. Killer looks, killer playability. I had some hit and miss scores on USA Jacksons before (especially in respect to the necks), but this one is not leaving!

Comment

Super Distortion!!

Comment

Grim said y'all better go with the Bareknuckle Aftermath
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                    I put a USA strathead Charvel maple neck on my 05 Charvel copperhead. I'm also looking to get rid of the JB in the future. Duncan Custom was my thought also.
                    You should take some pics in the sun it really brings out the colors.

Okay, here it is in the daylight. Looks indeed different now.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                      Okay, here it is in the daylight. Looks indeed different now.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Thank God, the first pics you posted looked like Rosewood. Gorgeous axe.
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        Grim said y'all better go with the Bareknuckle Aftermath
                        Do you have experience with these in a SL2? The reason I'm asking is that so far I have not been impressed with the BKP's. Not enough to justify the price difference IMHO. A good SD is hard to beat. I have tried the painkiller and nailbomb (several times and upon their recommendation). They have very good customer service though. Soemone also mentioned the blackhawk...

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                        Thank God, the first pics you posted looked like Rosewood. Gorgeous axe.
                        Funny how the light can change the way it looks. The pics from the shop were with intense light, I guess. Gimme a dark slab of ebony anyday.
                        Last edited by laurens; 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

That's the nicest copperhead i've ever seen!
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                            Do you have experience with these in a SL2? The reason I'm asking is that so far I have not been impressed with the BKP's. Not enough to justify the price difference IMHO. A good SD is hard to beat. I have tried the painkiller and nailbomb (several times and upon their recommendation). They have very good customer service though. Soemone also mentioned the blackhawk...

Funny how the light can change the way it looks. The pics from the shop were with intense light, I guess. Gimme a dark slab of ebony anyday.
                            Yup. I've got one in an SL2H right now. Stellar for modern metal. The Aftermath is similar in character to the Painkiller, but without its upper mid spike that is very much a matter of taste.

Haven't had the chance to put a Blackhawk through its paces, though I'd love to.

Worth noting too that all BKPs are very sensitive to height. Play around with that a bit if you are finding one sub-optimal.
                            Last edited by Grim; 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM.
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post

Worth noting too that all BKPs are very sensitive to height. Play around with that a bit if you are finding one sub-optimal.
                              +1000

Comment

Working...
                              X