Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: SL2H Copper Snake Skin (also need a pick up recommendation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: SL2H Copper Snake Skin (also need a pick up recommendation)

At some point I strayed away from Jackson and got into Ibanez. Even though I got a stunning Ibanez J-custom (which I will not sell) and a RGT, there was this feeling of something missing like a solid Jackson soloist. I stumbled upon this beauty and traded in my RGT. The pics are from the shop I got it from. Not only good looks, a real player too. I'm really happy with this one.

The only thing that concerns me is the Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. Normally this would do well, but I find it a bit loose. Already tried different pickup heights. I have a SD Custom five TB-14 in the Ibanez that sounds tighter (that one has lower output and sits in a mahogany body, maple neck). For some decent metal (aggressive, yet articulate), should I try a Seymour Duncan Distortion or what else do you recommend? Perhaps the TB-6 may be to hot. I play through a high gain amp anyway.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by laurens; 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM.

THAT is amazing! Thanks for the post, although I have no suggestions for you!

Comment

Beautiful guitar! As for a pickup recommendation; for an aggressive and articulate tone I would check out the Bare Knuckle Blackhawks (Ceramic option). HNGD!

Comment

TB-5 Custom! I use one in my RR1T which is my go to metal guitar.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Must have finish for a soloist!! Is on my big big list for my future soloists! Congrats!!
          Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
          Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
          http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
          http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

She's a stunner... just wow!
            Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              TB-5 Custom! I use one in my RR1T which is my go to metal guitar.
              Custom will certainly tighten things up. Good pickup. Good luck finding one in the classifieds here - sully hoovers those things like dust bunnies
              Hail yesterday

Comment

The Copperhead is one of the few guitars I still have on my "must get" list.

Comment

That is killer! Had a gray snakeskin DK1 and miss that paint job. The only misgiving I'd have with your SL2H is the volume knob placement. Got rid of my green ghost flame SL2H because of that volume knob. Kept hitting it with my picking hand. Grrrrr...

Comment

That is a stunner, it looks amazing with the black hardware!

Comment

Awesome guitar. Confrats.
                      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Great looking soloist! Congrats. I second the receommendation for a TB-5. That is one of my go-to pick ups and it sounds great in a neckthrough.

Comment

Love that graphic. Actually, I wish they'd do some more Charvels like that. Maybe some Dimartini-like Dinky stratheads. Anyway, I digress. Sweet axe, congrats.

Oh, and another vote for the Duncan custom here.

Comment

Thx for all the comments, guys. I will try out the TB-5 as it gets the most recommendations.

Comment

Duncan Distortion all the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X