No announcement yet.

Box to ship an RR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bike shop actually had a box that should work out great. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

i had someone literally just cover the HSC of a RR with cardboard and shipped it to me. no packing no oversized box, just wrapped cardboard around the case, suprisingly it arrived unharmed. this was a G&G type case not a moulded plastic.

Comment

I got an '86 Jackson bolt-on shipped to me in a chainsaw case with one working latch. The shipper wrapped some tape around the case every 12 inches or so, and shipped it out like that. I totally freaked & crapped my pants when it arrived. Safely and all intact. Lucky. I personally, could never do that. Too risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
          Sent you a PM . Let me know if you are still interested.
          Did Ron get it?
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I got the PM, still considering the RR
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
              i had someone literally just cover the HSC of a RR with cardboard and shipped it to me. no packing no oversized box, just wrapped cardboard around the case, suprisingly it arrived unharmed. this was a G&G type case not a moulded plastic.
              When guitars are sent out from the factory in cases, are they sent out like this, just cardboard surrounding the case? I'm talking specifically about Jacksons.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                You can wrap it in bubble wrap and tape it to the case so it doesn't move. Then cut up a bunch of boxes and wrap those around it and tape the living shit out of it. I As long as it's completely covered in cardboard they will ship it. Doesn't look pretty, but I've done this before (via USPS) and it works pretty well.
                I had somebody ship a guitar like this to me. The guitar arrived all good, but it was tedious unpacking it. Must have taken 45 minutes. Plus, I had to remove some sticky residue from tape that touched the case. I would never send a guitar like this because of the cheese factor, but I guess if somebody has no other alternative, then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                  When guitars are sent out from the factory in cases, are they sent out like this, just cardboard surrounding the case? I'm talking specifically about Jacksons.
                  I recieved my New RR1 (ofcours in HSC) in a snug fit box (Yes with a big Jackson logo on it), no padding or anything
                  it survived the trip from the US to Germany then to me without any problems whatsoever
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    I recieved my New RR1 (ofcours in HSC) in a snug fit box (Yes with a big Jackson logo on it), no padding or anything
                    it survived the trip from the US to Germany then to me without any problems whatsoever
                    Was your guitar sent directly from the factory to a local store or from a dealer in the US? This actually doesn't surprise me it was sent this way.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                      Was your guitar sent directly from the factory to a local store or from a dealer in the US? This actually doesn't surprise me it was sent this way.

I'm guessing Factory -> German Distributor -> Dealer -> Me
                      If there was any resizing or shedding of boxes done, it would probably have happened at the distributor to save on groundshipping costs
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                        I'm guessing Factory -> German Distributor -> Dealer -> Me
                        If there was any resizing or shedding of boxes done, it would probably have happened at the distributor to save on groundshipping costs
                        I think this is the most common method of shipping when it comes out of the factory. For Rhoads and other large shapes, the case is so large, I can see why they just cover it in cardboard.

BTW, I've never sent a guitar this way, but I have received them in the past. Some got there okay...some not so okay!

Comment

Working...
                        X