Box to ship an RR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box to ship an RR-1

I am currently in the process of trying to trade or sell my RR-1. I do not have a box to ship it in however. The OHSC is huge with the Rhoads shape. I've looked around a bit online and can't really find anywhere that sells boxes that would work well. The closest I've found is from ULINE but the boxes that would be able to hold the case are quite a bit larger than they would need to be. The case measures 48x20x6 and the closest box I've found is 50x40x8.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Electric; 04-07-2012, 10:56 PM.

You can cut up a few boxes and make your own box. Having done that in the past it's worth it if you've got some weird sized HSC which I know is epic with the RR and KVs.

Go to U-Haul and see their boxes - then maybe splice two of them together?

Comment

Try a bicycle box at your local bike shop.

Also, I am interested in an RR1. PM me with details if you don't have a buyer yet.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron - you are way too smooth

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will definitely check with a bike shop. I wouldn't have thought to check there.

RacerX - PM sent.

Comment

Also, check with dealers to see if they have any boxes that fit. I used a dk2 box to ship my Charvel to Mike Learn and it fit the chainsaw case quite nicely with an inch or so on each side for padding material.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Try a bicycle box at your local bike shop.

Also, I am interested in an RR1. PM me with details if you don't have a buyer yet.
              JCF Classifieds
              If you have a guitar or related gear you want to sell, gear that you are looking to buy, or if you see a great deal on some gear some where, this is the place.

Now GTFO of this forum
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  Now GTFO of this forum
                  You won.

Try checking your local GC. I've gotten lucky a few times.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Check local musicstores, normally they have lots of boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
                      RacerX - PM sent.
                      Ron is only interested in mini-Rhoads models.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Try a U-Haul baby mattress box. I got a guitar in one recently and turned around and shipped in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Sent you a PM . Let me know if you are still interested.

Comment

Did you find a box yet? I usually go to my local shipping store for my King V's and they get me 49"x25"x8" and a skinned box is 48"x22"x6" for overseas. I don't know on a RR but I am sure your local shop can get you whatever box you need.
                            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

You can wrap it in bubble wrap and tape it to the case so it doesn't move. Then cut up a bunch of boxes and wrap those around it and tape the living shit out of it. I As long as it's completely covered in cardboard they will ship it. Doesn't look pretty, but I've done this before (via USPS) and it works pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                              X