Original Robb Lane Posting Classifieds - Photos / Prices 1990's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
    If anyone is interested here's Robs old web site - it was sold to someone else who made some changes but Rob's interviews with Robbin Crosby from Feb 2000 are still on there.

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/
    So sorry I am resurrecting and older thread... But I noticed the Rob Lane "interview" with RC mentioned... It is in my opinion one of most infuriating interviews ever. Lane had a clear agenda, tossing in almost robotic, obligatory personal human interest questions here and there only to get back to his goal - To hammer Robbin with more and more self-serving questions about guitars that Lane now owned. What a monumental jerk. Opportunistic, shallow louse. I could go on... and on.

This is why I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that most of Robbin's beloved axes are now in the trusted and deserving hands of someone who not only respects them and their history, but more importantly, was a dear dear friend of Robbin's and respects and protects HIS legacy. The bigger picture - dignity... sadly a lost art these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
      If my memory serves me correctly. I was actually the first one 'on the scene' ...that is to say.... the first to drive out to Robb's house with cash in hand. He lived about 60 miles from me.

I bought 3 of Robbin's guitars that night. There were so many cool guitars for sale it was sensory overload for sure!! Robb seemed to be in a BIG hurry to sell as many guitars as possible as QUICKLY as possible....and his prices were very reasonable.

As far a s Robbin's stuff, virtually ALL of the ones Robb had were acquired from Dave Ingram, who had bought them directly from RC.

These are the ones that were there to 'choose' from that night....and it was a TOUGH choice, especially with all of the other distractions (awesome guitars) in the room.

Black & White Dragon Roundhorn
      Bolt-on Colored Dragon King V
      Bolt-on White King V
      'Catfish' Firebird
      Big Red (Which was spoken for...Rob Witte had already agreed to buy it)
      Black Firebird

I bought the first 3 above and got a great 'package deal' price. Over the course of the next few years I picked up a few more, including 2 that I didn't buy that night.

Here's the group shot of the ones in my collection.
      I've never seen this pic or thread before but Hellraiser that is one of the nicest collections I've ever seen. How could you tell that they were Robbin's? Who is Dave Ingram? I can see that they all look like his but did the serial numbers match?
      Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-24-2014, 10:19 AM.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
        I've never seen this pic or thread before but Hellraiser that is one of the nicest collections I've ever seen. How could you tell that they were Robbin's? Who is Dave Ingram? I can see that they all look like his but did the serial numbers match?
        I am sure he will ellaborate, but the lineage is there from start to finish, documentation, stories, pictures. They are in awesome hands. If you want to learn more and more about these awesome axes - check out this page - http://www.robbincrosby.net/guitargallery/body.htm from without a doubt the quintessential Robbin Crosby Tribute site - run by Hellraiser6502 and Sully. Quite simply it is an awesome tribute to not only an awesome guitarist and songwriter, but an top notch person.
        Last edited by Danbass; 01-24-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Also, for more info and pretty cool stories - this thread is pretty epic. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/126...987?highlight=

After you read one section, every time you see Robbin's Big White V, you'll be looking for something in particular.... I know I do.

Comment

Lefty - Hellraiser6502 spent a lot of time with Robbin the last couple years of his life and has an amazing journal of this time on RC.net that he and Sully created. From what I know of Hellraiser, he researches and documents to no end to make sure he gets the story straight, so there is no question those fiddles are 100% legit. Check out RC.net - lots of cool info.

Comment

I knew that Sully knew Robbin but I had no idea Hellraiser did.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbass View Post
                I am sure he will ellaborate, but the lineage is there from start to finish, documentation, stories, pictures. They are in awesome hands. If you want to learn more and more about these awesome axes - check out this page - http://www.robbincrosby.net/guitargallery/body.htm from without a doubt the quintessential Robbin Crosby Tribute site - run by Hellraiser6502 and Sully. Quite simply it is an awesome tribute to not only an awesome guitarist and songwriter, but an top notch person.
                Awesome link! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X