Original Robb Lane Posting Classifieds - Photos / Prices 1990's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Robb Lane Posting Classifieds - Photos / Prices 1990's

Not sure if this was from late 90s or early 2000's. For those of you that have been here as long or longer then me, will recgonzie this right away. Not sure what made me print it back then, but glad I did. Every once and a while I take a look a these and remember what the old days were like......

Brooks Burton

http://www.brooksguitaruniverse.com/ebay/lane.pdf
    Last edited by BGWwebguy; 04-06-2012, 01:08 PM.
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Ah, the fire sale!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I remember it as the "everything must go" sale. I picked up a few off that list, along with some stuff from Grover.
      www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

If these are still available, I am very interested

I wasn't on this board back then, but there were some great deals on Jacksons around that time. Still can't believe how little money I paid for some of the USA Jacksons I still have almost 15 years later.

Comment

man, a lot of that stuff was CHEAP!!!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I do remember seeing those on DCGL website a long time ago. I remember it from the late 90's or 2000 time frame. didnt he have a white/black diagonal split graphic too? that was cool. very simple, but damn it just looked cool.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

If anyone is interested here's Robs old web site - it was sold to someone else who made some changes but Rob's interviews with Robbin Crosby from Feb 2000 are still on there.

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

awesome to see that.

So how many robbin crosby guitars did he have?

Sully is there any picture besides the one on the facebook page that shows how many curt has? Did curt get them from robb lane? Its fascinating to me.

sorry to be a pest, just extremely interesting to me....

p.s. I am the guy that sent you the request on the robbin stuff for a tribute video...which I am in the early stages of still.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Theebs View Post
                  awesome to see that.

So how many robbin crosby guitars did he have?

Sully is there any picture besides the one on the facebook page that shows how many curt has? Did curt get them from robb lane? Its fascinating to me.

sorry to be a pest, just extremely interesting to me....

p.s. I am the guy that sent you the request on the robbin stuff for a tribute video...which I am in the early stages of still.....
                  If my memory serves me correctly. I was actually the first one 'on the scene' ...that is to say.... the first to drive out to Robb's house with cash in hand. He lived about 60 miles from me.

I bought 3 of Robbin's guitars that night. There were so many cool guitars for sale it was sensory overload for sure!! Robb seemed to be in a BIG hurry to sell as many guitars as possible as QUICKLY as possible....and his prices were very reasonable.

As far a s Robbin's stuff, virtually ALL of the ones Robb had were acquired from Dave Ingram, who had bought them directly from RC.

These are the ones that were there to 'choose' from that night....and it was a TOUGH choice, especially with all of the other distractions (awesome guitars) in the room.

Black & White Dragon Roundhorn
                  Bolt-on Colored Dragon King V
                  Bolt-on White King V
                  'Catfish' Firebird
                  Big Red (Which was spoken for...Rob Witte had already agreed to buy it)
                  Black Firebird

I bought the first 3 above and got a great 'package deal' price. Over the course of the next few years I picked up a few more, including 2 that I didn't buy that night.

Here's the group shot of the ones in my collection.
                  Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Curt thanks so much for the post.

Have the rest of his guitars been accounted for? the ones that were stolen? I have seen a few others on the internet like the gibson firebird with the floyd on th jc's guitar website...and you made note of one being destroyed on your site...
                    sigpic

Comment

There are some nice strats up in that PDF!

Comment

Originally posted by Theebs View Post
                        Curt thanks so much for the post.

Have the rest of his guitars been accounted for? the ones that were stolen? I have seen a few others on the internet like the gibson firebird with the floyd on th jc's guitar website...and you made note of one being destroyed on your site...
                        MOST of the rest have been accounted for. A few still have not been seen since around 1988.

Most notably...'Big Black' which was a 'Double Rhoads' with Rhoads front loaded controls. Robbin had an intense dislike for this guitar because he felt that the control plate mounted on the front (like a traditional Rhoads) seemed 'Flimsy' to him....he said he could feel it move upward as he manipulated the controls.

The other notable is the Feathers/Fishbone/Sunwheel graphic Firebird (J0943) which is actually the same guitar...in various re-application of graphic themes. This was one of the 'stolen' guitars....as well as two other of the 'known' Firebirds (i.e. in collectors hands) that I don't want to comment further on. Seen here in the American Indian 'Sunwheel' Motif...it's last known configuration

Interestingly enough, an Police investigation instigated by Robbin in the early 1990's netted the 'thief' who stole the guitars from Robbin and he was prosecuted not too long afterwards....A guitar player from the 80's band TSOL who was a 'friend' of Robbin's estranged wife, I'll leave it at that. The guitars were not recovered at the time and only later re-surfaced in Los Angeles area guitar stores and sold off to unknowing private parties.

Others missing include an EARLY Charvel Red Roundhorn V with a Hockey stick (banana) style headstock and a couple of 'off-brand' guitars.

A couple of Robbin's Gibson Custom shops have sold in the last couple of years on Ebay....cool guitars that I had first chance at but passed on.
                        Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 04-08-2012, 08:50 PM.
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

thanks curt. Amazing stuff.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow, I remember that. I wanted to buy some Charvel parts from Robb but he seemed reluctant to sell them at the time. The Drumland/Guitar City ads sure brought back some memories. I used to stop there once in a while back then, it was like walking into a guitar store from 1986, I still remember some of the guitars from the ads.

Comment

I still remember Robb's old forum...
                              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
                              X