Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Adrian Smith Jackson a Custom Shop built axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCGL lists every US made Jackson as 'Custom Shop'. Masterbuilt is just a Fender term (albeit, briefly inflicted on Jackson).
    There's a upcharge for a masterbuilder like mike shannon, so if I don't pay for that who builds my guitar the same guys that build the sign series guitars?

Comment

It's kinda hard calling a production guitar a custom, IMO.
      The question that is being asked is the adrian smith built in the custom shop not is it a custom guitar. No it's not a custom guitar but do the custom shop guys build it is the question. since there is an upcharge for having the masterbuilder build a custom shop, there has to be other people that build the base custom shop guitars. My guess is that these are the guys that build the adrian smiths.

Comment

I was at the CS a couple of times over the past two years and both times I was there there were a couple of Artist guitars in the CS workstations. One was a wolfgang and the other was an Adrian Smith as a matter of fact when I asked I was told that Chip did most of the EVH Art Series builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          The question that is being asked is the adrian smith built in the custom shop not is it a custom guitar. No it's not a custom guitar but do the custom shop guys build it is the question. since there is an upcharge for having the masterbuilder build a custom shop, there has to be other people that build the base custom shop guitars. My guess is that these are the guys that build the adrian smiths.
          The custom shop and Select shop are the same shop aren't they? I doubt they have two sets of personnel...

The term "Master built" they used to use just meant you had Mike or Paulo or some specific guy handle it through all the phases. I'm not even sure if they use it anymore. Even if you didn't order it as masterbuilt doesn't mean one of them aren't going to handle all phases.

Honestly there isn't much difference between a custom shop and USA select as it goes through the same process except for the fact they make some guitars in batches.

So it's a custom guitar they build in small batches from pre-determined parts-pieces. Call it whatever you want. Either way it's a nice guitar.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X