Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Adrian Smith Jackson a Custom Shop built axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Adrian Smith Jackson a Custom Shop built axe?

In the same vein as the Warren Demartini models? Or is it a "line guitar"?

Thanks!

It's not considered a custom guitar. Artist Signature... it's like a half-step up from a USA Select.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If I recall correctly, someone from Jackson said they are built 'by the same guys' (or guy, I forget) that build them for Adrian. However, I don't hold information well hehe.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

they are not built like the selects, they are built by the custom shop guys.(they better be for the price).

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          they are not built like the selects, they are built by the custom shop guys.(they better be for the price).
          If this is true, who builds the USA Selects??? another shop???

I've heard countless times that the USA Selects and the custom shop guitars are built by the same people, this I don't take for granted just like that, it might be true or not or something in between.

The only fact that I hold on to is that the hang tag of one of my KE2 was written by the same person with the same initials as the hang tag of a Custom KV ordered by a JCF member (AK47 http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/110...-deliver-my-KV) which is currently on Ebay. Both guitars were ready the same week.

My KE2 is not a Custom order, only the color was specially ordered because it wasn't available as a standar finish for the KE2´s, but still is a standar finish for other Select models. The serial number starts with U not J as a matter of fact.

Comment

if you go back thru old threads you will read that the custom shop guys sometimes work on the selects if they are not busy(with the wait on custom shop orders they should never have down time to me). They are built in the fender factory along with the custom shops but not always by the custom shop guys. Look for the threads on the tours members here have done to the factory.

Comment

THanks for the feedback guys. I have a buddy looking at one, and he had asked me about it. I wasn't sure where these fell into the food chain.

Comment

i owned one with an ebony for a bit and the build quality was great.

JHMO,comapred to a 80's Jackson strat,its apples and oranges.
                they skimped out on materials,especially fretboard thicknes.
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

It's very likely that they're not being hand built by any masterbuilders there.

I'll assume that they're built the same way selects and artist guitars always have been. There is no CS logo and I would assume they're built in the same fashion as any other artist guitar, which is done in batches and worked on by whomever is working in the shop at the time. They are a production model...

Comment

Yeah, that's my understanding too. And 'for the price' is relative - sure, they have 'lower specs' than most of the selects, but they're cheaper, and that's after a percentage to Adrian..
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Yeah, that's my understanding too. And 'for the price' is relative - sure, they have 'lower specs' than most of the selects, but they're cheaper, and that's after a percentage to Adrian..
                      They are really affordable and I like the config... I've considered getting one. I just need to get rid of my KV first. lol

Comment

How do you go from custom shop to masterbuilder? Drumcity lists these under custom shop. I guess if it's not masterbuilt it's not a custom shop here.

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                          i owned one with an ebony for a bit and the build quality was great.

JHMO,comapred to a 80's Jackson strat,its apples and oranges.
                          they skimped out on materials,especially fretboard thicknes.
                          Really? Interesting. You have had one of each.

Comment

How do you go from custom shop to masterbuilder? Drumcity lists these under custom shop. I guess if it's not masterbuilt it's not a custom shop here.
                            It's kinda hard calling a production guitar a custom, IMO.

Comment

Drumcity lists these under custom shop. I guess if it's not masterbuilt it's not a custom shop here.
                              DCGL lists every US made Jackson as 'Custom Shop'. Masterbuilt is just a Fender term (albeit, briefly inflicted on Jackson).
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X