No announcement yet.

New Custom Shop Order - Help Me Decide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just being an ass - but now that I think about it.......if you order any of the neck thru guitars, there is enough body to cut the middle off to add the roundhorn wings.

Comment

More thought.....buy a beat to sh*t neck thru off of ebay and cut off the sides and add the wings. Much cheaper than a custom shop that has self imposed limitations!!!!

Comment

I thought about that ages ago. Find an RR1T (for the neck angle), then build a roundhorn from there...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yes, I had this idea too, on my Rhoads PRO, but I got shot down by one of the JCF luthiers.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hybrid Roundhorn V "tails" with Kelly nub and horn, in an oil finished body. Send to Mike to trim the excess Kelly stuff and refin.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Remember the old Wayne "bat" heads with the extra nub that people sanded off to make it a Strathead? Do something like that on the body wings. Maybe even the hybrid Kelly thing but with Kelly nubs at the front on both sides. Would be less to cut off.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

You guys sure know how to think "outside the box".

Seriously, I've already tried to find ways around the rules. So far, none have worked. I even went so far as to submit a custom V body style for a quote - kind of a hybrid of two different V styles. This was clearly my own unique self-designed creation, not a copy of someone else's design. And still the FMIC legal jackals shot it down. So I've banged my head against that particular wall enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  You guys sure know how to think "outside the box".

Seriously, I've already tried to find ways around the rules. So far, none have worked. I even went so far as to submit a custom V body style for a quote - kind of a hybrid of two different V styles. This was clearly my own unique self-designed creation, not a copy of someone else's design. And still the FMIC legal jackals shot it down. So I've banged my head against that particular wall enough already.
                  It may be of small consolation but I ran into that very wall myself. My current cs order was a capitulation on my part, the resigned act of a long drawn out battle to get CS to make me a 1-of-a-kind ax. It went from me wanting a head stock that they could/would not do because of legal issues to Charvel and Jackson both not wanting to handle various aspects of a neck thru w/ reversed Strat (sears) head stock. So, I ended up settling. Not gonna say I couldn't get exactly the features and design I wanted- there were builders out there, nationally and overseas, that would do it but I would have nothing and no one to guarantee build quality. Not willing to risk that.
                  Here's hoping that one day we might see the dawn of an era when we can get exactly what we want without all the bullshit legal red tape & restrictions. But don't hold yer breath.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post

Been there as well. Some things just don't make sense some times. Then you see Gibson shaped Charvel's and you scratch your head even more. I almost ordered a custom shop this year at NAMM. I couldn't do it. Not until they get their act together in providing realistic time frames. Bought a 12-String Taylor instead.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yeah, the wait times have got really bad again - in 2010 my Rising Sun soloist took well under a year, now it's back to 18months - 2 years in most cases, and that's just far too long.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I agree. its WAY the fuck too long. seriously though, Jackson should get a handle on that. I mean Carvin does it in a few months. there is just no excuse for that long of a wait.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The good thing about waiting 18 months for a custom guitar is the fact that you can save up the cash to pay for it in the end. But that's the ONLY positive side to it. Like tone said, Carvin can get a guitar to you in eight weeks and most independent luthiers or smaller brands can build you one in a few months, so there is no excuse for Jackson to take so fucking long.
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Yes, I had this idea too, on my Rhoads PRO, but I got shot down by one of the JCF luthiers.
                            you probably spelled it wrong on the request form.

Comment

The wait ain't so bad. My WarAngel took 18 months. I found other things to play during that time, and when it arrived, the time issue was inconsequential. A month later the 7-string Warrior I had ordered a month prior to that had arrived, and I had 2 CS axes.

As for the designs, the trick is not to mention that it would be easier to mod into whatever Gibson-esque shape you were hoping for until after you received it.

Comment

aint so bad? I waited 12 months for the white ghost flames bulldyke soloist and it nearly put me in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                                X