No announcement yet.

Jackson price jumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New prices are skyrocketing, used prices are plummeting...hellooooo eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
      Gibson claimed that when sales drop, they increase prices, thus increasing SALES, not just profit. Crazy world we live in.
      I think the only thing that is increasing for sure is their line of BS!
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
        Gotta admire their tenacity, to charge soooo much for such mediocre guitars. Just being able to pull it off goes to show how susceptible the American market is to bullshit marketing tactics.
        And how much did we pay for for modded strats, fancy paint, and call them "custom" before the lightbulb came on? I'm no Gibson fan either - thier ability to seperate people from thier money rivals that of PRS "collectibles". I'll happily pay more for Made in the USA too, but not to the point of being gouged so that same company can offset razor thin margins on import models sold online.

So I too prefer the used market. That and you have to pay attention to the "independent" custom builders out there - the big manufacturers are leaving the door open for these guys.

Comment

I try to buy everything used first when it comes to gear and guitars unless it's something special or custom. I like to let some one else eat the depreciation, just like used vehicles.
          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by canadian bacon View Post
            So I too prefer the used market. That and you have to pay attention to the "independent" custom builders out there - the big manufacturers are leaving the door open for these guys.
            Often though these little independent boutique shops out there are just as or more expensive. All it takes is a few fanboys or giving a guitar to a hot endorsee and then everyone has to have one....
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

FWIW, I was told that Gibson prices went up at the begining of the year as well.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by MrDeath View Post
                I've always bought new. I just can't stand the thought that somebody else once owned my guitar. I know whoever it was didn't care for it like I would.

And, yeah, Gibson blows. Their prices are unbelievable for subpar guitars constructed with a bunch of plastic. They can only charge the prices they do, because their customer base is a bunch of closeminded babyboomers who refuse to question their perceived preeminence.
                Did you ever have trouble finding a mate?

Comment

It's weird. I once priced out having an exact duplicate made of my own Soloist out of the custom shop and quickly realized that the price would be more than I can afford these days! If I found a used one I could probably get close but a new one the cost would be a little much to justify. It's a bit strange. The price of goods has gone up while salaries have remained stagnant but used items are always a good value.

Comment

Working...
                  X