Jackson price jumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson price jumps

I recently ordered a lefty black SL2H. Yeah, the wait is killing me, but I'm glad that I ordered it when I did. The MSRP jumped from what was I believe $2,886 to $3,559 for that exact guitar. Also saw that the MSRP for a righty SL2H is now $3199. Anybody know what's going on with the prices? I mean even after the dealer reduces the MSRP, that is still a lot extra to pay for a USA select.

I also saw that the DK2L was removed from the Jackson site. That's a damn shame, as I own that guitar and can say that it is a great instrument. Now lefty players' only option for a Jackson will be to pay 3 grand for a USA, a price that is unaffordable for many.

Well, that's because CEOs and shareholders can't afford to make less money, so they fire people and raise prices, then complain that the economy is bad and they have to wait an extra month before they have enough money to buy their new Mercedes
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      Well, that's because CEOs and shareholders can't afford to make less money, so they fire people and raise prices, then complain that the economy is bad and they have to wait an extra month before they have enough money to buy their new Mercedes
      +1

And smart people are buying better quality used instruments which mean less sales for new ones, so they need to jack up the price of new stuff to make more while selling less.

It's the fools that keep buying as the prices go up that lets this happen. If people stopped buying new high priced axes, the prices would fall.

Oops, knock at the door.

SHIT! The CEO's are here and they want to put me away for speaking the truth!

Spread the word!

I'm

a

g

Comment

Gibson claimed that when sales drop, they increase prices, thus increasing SALES, not just profit. Crazy world we live in.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          Gibson claimed that when sales drop, they increase prices, thus increasing SALES, not just profit. Crazy world we live in.
          Increased sales by increasing prices? Sounds like a line of BS to me.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

"Gibson"
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
              "Gibson"
              That's right, it read "Gibson" not "God".
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Gotta admire their tenacity, to charge soooo much for such mediocre guitars. Just being able to pull it off goes to show how susceptible the American market is to bullshit marketing tactics.

Comment

For the most part, USA Jacksons don't seem to have very good resell value. The distance between new and used pricing is large enough that I'm surprised anybody buys new at all anymore. I wonder how dealers are overall doing with sales of new USA Jacksons currently? My gut tells me not very good, but I don't know. If so, I don't think this was a very good idea. Sure higher list/MAP pricing will cause used pricing to go up, but it will likely stay proportionally the same, so a lot of people will still look towards used instruments.

Comment

I just buy used whenever possible. The closest I seem to get to a "new" guitar these days is changing the pickups.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've always bought new. I just can't stand the thought that somebody else once owned my guitar. I know whoever it was didn't care for it like I would.

And, yeah, Gibson blows. Their prices are unbelievable for subpar guitars constructed with a bunch of plastic. They can only charge the prices they do, because their customer base is a bunch of closeminded babyboomers who refuse to question their perceived preeminence.

Comment

Normally, the price is a result of supply and demand. In my country, the market for new USA select Jacksons seems pretty dead. Not much stores carrying them at all or no inventory. The lower end stuff is offered more. Perhaps their margin on the other series is higher than USA select and possibly they are pushing you more to the other series. I'm just guessing here. It seems like a bookkeeper at Fender did some calculations and came up with this. The reasoning eludes me. Or are they so stupid to believe that a drop in volume can be compensated by an increase in price?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                          For the most part, USA Jacksons don't seem to have very good resell value.
                          You could say that about any new USA guitar. Or any new guitar. Of course I would say "resale value"
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            You could say that about any new USA guitar. Or any new guitar. Of course I would say "resale value"
                            You could indeed say that, but it wouldn't be entirely accurate. From what I've seen, there are other brands that hold value overall better than USA Jacksons.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                              You could indeed say that, but it wouldn't be entirely accurate. From what I've seen, there are other brands that hold value overall better than USA Jacksons.
                              Yeah, like those crappy Gibsons

Comment

Working...
                              X