Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant decide which Id be more comfortable with in the long run....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how it looks in low light in my house. I had to adjust the exposure in photoshop because my camera was trying to overexpose to make up for the low light, but this is roughly accurate for brightness and colors.

And in brighter light for reference.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That's one bad ass looking guitar Hellbat, yeah it would be even darker looking in a dark bar, up on stage...I think it's still metal looking. But I do know what your talking about Twitch, with wanting a traditional metal looking guitar.

Tough call. I say get what you like and to hell with those who don't think it looks metal. Metal's about going against the grain anyhow, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.inc View Post
        But I do know what your talking about Twitch, with wanting a traditional metal looking guitar.
        Im not necessarily saying it has to say hands down "metal", Im just not one for bright colors. With the exception of the pics above, all Id seen of these finishes was a bit bright for my long term tastes. Im not a PRS type guy, the bling is pretty, but not me. On the other side of things though, there is one bright green color I like, but not the green of the trans finishes. That XTRR that Vector has/had for sale is fuckin wicked, as well as that new Kawasabi green for the X series. Im just tired of willy nilly buying guitars on a whim and getting rid of them soon after. I want to pick keepers this next round of GAS fulfillment, not just the flavor of the week. I really like these trans finishes, just want to make sure Ill keep it for a while. Im leaning heavily towards the trans blue now that Ive seen some natural pics, but Im still not sure. I think Im gonna forego the trans green though.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Also, Im considering a KV2 and rather than start a new thread, can anyone tell me how the body size and spread of the wings compares to a Gibson V or other Vs? Im thinking I may spread this out over a few months period, maybe one in Oct. and one in Feb.. My concern with the KV is if its as wide as most common V shapes, which I dont really care for. I dont like the bottom of the V hitting too far down on my leg, and Im a skinny bastard so big Vs look silly hanging in front of me. Ive heard the KV is closer to the BCR Jr. V, but have never seen either in person and never in comparison with another V.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

[QUOTEHIFTW deal][/QUOTE]
            LMAO
            i had cases side by side in the living room and she never noticed when more were added till the stack made the provebial turn the corner
            thats when she started to count. out came that catalog of shit i pulled over the last 20 years, staight out of her favorite secret catalog of shit hiding place...her ass
            after that it was no more guitars or sex for that matter for a while

so glad she's gone
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Also, Im considering a KV2 and rather than start a new thread, can anyone tell me how the body size and spread of the wings compares to a Gibson V or other Vs? Im thinking I may spread this out over a few months period, maybe one in Oct. and one in Feb.. My concern with the KV is if its as wide as most common V shapes, which I dont really care for. I dont like the bottom of the V hitting too far down on my leg, and Im a skinny bastard so big Vs look silly hanging in front of me. Ive heard the KV is closer to the BCR Jr. V, but have never seen either in person and never in comparison with another V.
              The KV2's are killer! They're my favorite, the body is actually much smaller than a Gibson Flying V and a Jackson KV2T. The wings are not bulky in any way. Super fast necks too. The RR's are also pretty small, just the one wing is much longer and kind of makes it feel bigger than it is. But the KV2's are the way to go if your looking for a nice sleek V. The contour on the body are just amazing, in black they look very "stealth" like. These also look amazing in the flamed maple tops. I really dig the Natural color with a bare neck and flame maple top.

Comment

i love my kv2 very easy to and comfortable to play ,doesn't dig in anywhere, its longer than my schenker aria pro2 V but thinner,
                and fyi the wings are smaller by about 4-5 inches than the one long wing on an RR1
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

No green unless it's that glycol green, and whatever the f*&% that color is. Blue is ok. Trans natural, cherry, or black are nice though.

Edit: I think it's Absynthe Green, like the alcohol.

Only you and Steve Vai can pull this off:
                  http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sta...t-ltd-run.html

Why does this color say metal? Because it says: "Tough shit if you don't like me. Here I come, and I'm ramming it down your throat".
                  Last edited by Xyrium; 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X