No announcement yet.

Question about my San Dimas Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all came with DD/JN - I bought a pair of Distortions (DDL stickers) that came from an 84 RR Student - both were bridge models (screws towards bridge). These were the stock pickups in that particular guitar.

Being they were still a Custom Shop at the time, you could order it any way you wanted, though they did have a few common pickup options for those who said "meh, whatever as long as it's heavy".
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So thats how a pup is designated as a bridge or neck pup, where the screws are and in relation to the wire lead??

Comment

You are looking for 3 short shaft 500k pots. 2 of them will be audio taper (volume) and 1 will be liner taper (tone) - This is down to taste, I have no idea what the original was (perhaps all linear, perhaps all audio, or maybe a combination in between?). You will also want a treble bleed cap for the tone pot, exact magnitude is down to taste again but I would think around 0.02mFD.

Comment

You guys are awesome, many thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
            You are looking for 3 short shaft 500k pots. 2 of them will be audio taper (volume) and 1 will be liner taper (tone) - This is down to taste, I have no idea what the original was (perhaps all linear, perhaps all audio, or maybe a combination in between?). You will also want a treble bleed cap for the tone pot, exact magnitude is down to taste again but I would think around 0.02mFD.

Almost forgot-- what about the pot shaft diameter? Like I said, the holes in the control cavity coverplate were fine for EMG pots but not big enough for some other pots I had.

Comment

Got me there. I don't know the correct dia. If you have some pots you really like and they fit with the knobs you want to use then attack the cover plate with a drill to make the holes the size you need.

Comment

Working...
              X