Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video presentation of Jackson Rhoads RR0849 (Chris Holmes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx for the update info.
    Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
    Gretsch G6128T-TVP
    Gibson LP Traditional
    Gibson J-185 EC
    Hagstrom XL5
    Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
    Walden T550 EC

Comment

I still fucking hate you for owning that axe

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RR0849 View Post
        Not since 1986. It's definately not clean. The lower wing has been busted around 89-90 and clued back on and there's a huge crack visible. Both wing tips are bare wood and considerably shorter than in 86. The graphic is great cause it hides pretty much everything - the guitar looks stunning in person. Luckily the neck is in good shape so playing-wise no issues apart from almost non-existent frets. The case is another story.

Thanks mate. Your right about the paint job not showing much damage. I looked pretty clean to me in the pic. I'm glad it's gone to someone who gives a shit. In my book thats a great piece of metal history in the same way as randy's v or Jake's white charvel.

I'm surprised it's lasted so long getting dragged around the world and hammered the way it had. I was right in front of Chris at donnington when he played his ass off. Couldn't believe my eye's when he threw it about the stage. Guess it shows what a crazy bastard he is.

Comment

Nice to see that one again, Jani.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterC View Post
            In my book thats a great piece of metal history in the same way as randy's v or Jake's white charvel.
            You mean Jake's white Fender with the neck shaved and the Charvel logo thrown on?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome video Jani.
              Chris has always been a fave of mine.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterC View Post
                I'm surprised it's lasted so long getting dragged around the world and hammered the way it had.
                It's even more amazing that he still plays the black RR and to my knowledge it's never had a neck break. That guitar has been going since 1984 while my zebra was pretty much retired from gigs in the mid 90s. Just goes to show that Jacksons are well made guitars.
                The zebra RR was shipped to me in just the case - no extra packing. And it was still in tune when it arrived.
                My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Wow, that's some heavy mojo on that guitar...

Has to be cool to have a history like that on one of your guitars.
                  Liked the older look as well. "Fuck off'n die" has got something to it..
                  But the "new" look is cool as well. Always loved the cross inlays... mmhh....

Seems like that guitar had some damn luck, living in your house now beeing taken care of.
                  It always hurts my eyes to see guys wrack high quality equipment.
                  A guitar being kicked around on stage-ground...
                  That's a no-go IMO.

Thanks for sharing!
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by RR0849 View Post
                    The zebra RR was shipped to me in just the case - no extra packing.
                    Did you leave negative feedback for that?

This is a seriously cool guitar.

Comment

Awesome Video!
                      Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Great video you put together there Jani!
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

That was cool dude!

Comment

Working...
                          X