No announcement yet.

Jackson sl1 controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one just like that I sold to Roodyrocker here on the forum. It was a killer guitar! I think that's a good price for it if it's in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
      I had one just like that I sold to Roodyrocker here on the forum. It was a killer guitar! I think that's a good price for it if it's in good shape.
      Yep, I still have that Shannon Soloist, it is a great guitar indeed. The only thing that I don't like about them is the factory equipped original bridge pickup. The original is a Duncan Pearly Gates which is very weak. beachjammer had already swapped in a Dimarzio Super II which came from a friend of mine The Dimarzio sounds much better.
      I also have another Shannon Soloist in Slime Green. The two common colors it was available in were black and Blue Ghost Flames. They made very few Slime Green, Orange Sherbert, and I believe one or two white ones. I can't remember anymore. Anyway, being that its at GC you should be able to buy it for less than the $1300 they're asking. If its in nice condition I'd say its worthwhile as you're not going to find these as commonly as other Soloists. By the way, it should also have binding nibs over the fret ends too.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I recently went through a spat of taking guitar portraits. For posterity, here're a few shots my Shannon Soloist.

This Soloist has kind of a cool backstory. I bought it off of eBay a decade ago. Some guy (maybe one of you) was asking $1500 or so for it and nobody bid on it. I contacted him and made a best-offer and I bought it for about $1150 or so.

So, a couple weeks later, my buddy Scott, who I used to work with (and happens to be a Jackson artist), sends me a link to the Jackson Website news page. Way down at the bottom, there's a note congratulating some guy, Mike, for winning a Blue Ghost Flame Shannon Soloist. The article said that he was one of 10,000+ entries. He's also the guy who sold me the guitar on eBay.

I did do one mod. Done by Action Music, Arlington, VA. Incredible work, outstanding setup.

Comment

Working...
        X