Jackson sl1 controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson sl1 controversy

I walked into a guitar center today and saw a Jackson SL1 in blue ghost flame with a non MOP headstock logo. It has the regular dinky headstock logo. The serial # is uo5900. Also the guitar was signed by mike Shannon( on the back of the headstock in silver pen). The Floyd was not recessed and had all silver hardware. The single coils said Seymour Duncan. The humbucker was blank. If anyone has any info please let me know the non recessed Floyd and the logo and the pickups just kinda have me lost (for a 98

In the late 90's there was a "Shannon" Soloist offered for a short while with the specs you mentioned.

Comment

Here's a pic and information on that model from the 1998 catalog.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/co...1998Page05.jpg

Comment

What's the controversy? Sounds like a Shannon Soloist, that's all.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'm missing the controversy, all specs mentioned describe a Shannon soloist in blue ghost flame, also even if it isnt, not all USA Jackson guitars have a MOP logo

If the price is right you should buy it, i believe these arent very easy to find

Comment

It's 1300 at a Guitar Center in (I think) Fort Worth. And yeah, it's a Shannon soloist...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks nice. Need to work that price down to at least $1K IMO

Dustin,

I love how your GC has a used DK2 listed as a SL3. Good luck trying to get that Shannon at a decent price. I think they came stock with a Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge. I haven't heard one but I see this pickup getting a lot of flack on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinofcharvel View Post
                I walked into a guitar center today and saw a Jackson SL1 in blue ghost flame with a non MOP headstock logo. It has the regular dinky headstock logo. The serial # is uo5900. Also the guitar was signed by mike Shannon( on the back of the headstock in silver pen). The Floyd was not recessed and had all silver hardware. The single coils said Seymour Duncan. The humbucker was blank. If anyone has any info please let me know the non recessed Floyd and the logo and the pickups just kinda have me lost (for a 98
                I do not have a photo memory by any means, but I do remember that serial number from a Shannon sold on Ebay a few yrs back. All of these Shannons from 98 are from the same range of serial number and that one ending in 00 jogs my memory. Also, I have a black one which helps me remember!
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Shannon's are awesome, i own a black one!
                  Guitars:
                  Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
                  Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
                  Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
                  BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
                  ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Comment

i was just wondering about the non recessed floyd and the logo ause i didnt relize they were made in that script on the headstock. i looked at that guitar a hundred time and never saw the signature. thank you i almost bought it last night but wanted to know it wasnt a refinish because of the headstock

Comment

they want $1299 for it.

Comment

If I could put my hands on it and check it out first, I'd probably be whipping out my wallet right now, if you get my drift.

Comment

Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I thought about buying it.It has been there for a while.I just bought a SL2H at the GC in Arlington so I dont have the money to buy it now. I saw the Sl3 listed and i called them to see if it was still there and if it was a SL3. They had just listed it and didnt have a picture. I thought it was too cheap for a SL3. The guy assured me it was. I drove 35 minutes in rush hour traffic to find a DK2!

Comment

get this that dk2 i bought from the store in michigan and had it shipped here to find out it was not an sl3. When i took it to the guitar center in fort worth telling them this is not what it is. I got my refund they said they would fix the name on the advertisment and still havent. its a beautiful guitar but not an sl3. i am going to attempt to talk the price down on the shannon soloist i can take some pics of it if yall want

Comment

Working...
                              X