Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me value this USA Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
      AFAIK there has not been a rear-routed Rhoads as a production model
      Not from the USA, but there used to be the Kevin Bonds and various other imports. Plus the USA XTRR...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

value on trade? Whatever the music shop can screw you for.

value on ebay? List it for $0.99 and the market will dictate.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

to answer your question without seeing pics, a good starting point is likely around $1000 in good condition for the guitar you described.

Comment

Thanks, Foulacy.
            Sorry to have ruffled so many feathers. But yes, I am trying to not get screwed on a trade. The guy told me it was an RR-2, even though they didn't make them with RR serial numbers, etc.

Comment

Got any pics, Yerbouti?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Yerbouti69 View Post
                Don't you think I've done all of that? I've never seen a rear-routed Rhoads on E-bay or Gbase. Guitar Center told me that Jackson never made rear-routed RR's and it must be a fake.
                Take what a GC employee says with a grain of salt. They don't know about half the shit they have in their store.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've seen RR2s go for $600-$1200. Not much love for a bolt-on Rhoads with a blank ebony board and import hardware.

Had you said RR2 to begin with, things might have gone smoother. Ignore the dumbass remarks, we need more members around here like Gibson needs another flash-in-the-pan popstar sig model. If you don't worship at the altar of Jackson/Charvel, that's your prerogative and I'm surprised you guys constantly give people shit about it, even jokingly. Give them the info and let them move on with their lives.

IIRC I bought one a few years ago for $650 and sold it for about the same.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Post some pix of it so we can get a better idea. But being an RR serial number and rear routed, its a custom shop model. Many people prefer the rear routed Rhoads and those aren't found as commonly since they're not production USA Selects. Black may not be the most desireable color price wise but pix would be a great help.
                    BTW, I personally have no problem with someone coming here to ask what their Jackson/Charvel is worth. That goes even for Noobs asking during their first and only post then posting it on E-Bay. I'm not aware of any other guitar forum where someone gets hasseled over this but here :think:
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Harassment is part of the culture here. . You get an old grizzled vet making a "here we go again thread" because they can smell a price check thread from a mile away and then the noobs jump in with a "what he said" comment to try to build cred. If I have something to offer, I will. But chances are my advice is bad.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Order a Rhoads from the J/C Custom Shop today, and you can get routed in the rear no problem!

Da dunt tsshhhhh

Comment

Working...
                        X