No announcement yet.

25.5 Inch KV2T Serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U13085. I am amazed you still have records of the ones you sold! Open Sperzels here.
    Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
    I had thought the first batch of them (25) were accidentally made to 25.5" scale, but there's been no verification that I know as to how many exactly. I owned 2 at that scale length a vintage white one serial U13157 and a black ghost flames one serial U13085.

- Joel
    Last edited by DyersEve; 09-10-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I thought all of the newer Jacksons had scarf joints, even with the three-piece mahogany necks. Mark Morton model has it that way, too.
      Just checked mine under bright light no scarf. Very interesting. I wish the guy woulda left the hang tag in it. Been cool to see who signed off on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DyersEve View Post
        U13085. I am amazed you still have records of the ones you sold! Open Sperzels here.

I keep records of them for insurance purposes. How's the guitar doing? That was a killer KV!
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
          I keep records of them for insurance purposes. How's the guitar doing? That was a killer KV!
          That guitar is a dream! I took out the JB in the bridge for a Duncan Distortion and it rips. The neck has meat to it and the frets are huge. So huge I will have it plecked next year. I just had a Dean plecked and the results were phenomenal. This KV is one of my guitars I will not depart with. I had a KV2 snow white with black bevels and sold it. Never bonded with the floyd. String thru from now on for me. Selling anything soon let me know.

Comment

FYI mine is U13083...open back Sperzels. I have no way of telling if its a scarf joint or not. I was told it was a 3 piece neck. Dated 10-1-03.

Edit: On closer inspection I found two VERY faint seams on the headstock. I'm convinced now that there is no scarf.
            Last edited by Dog Boy; 09-12-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I don't know how the numbers run on those models. I thought Randy Davis (RD) had one of the 25.5" models and I seem to remember him also saying someone at the factory told him there were only about a dozen made, but I'm not totally sure.
              You would be correct. The first 12 guitars that Mike Shannon built for the KV2T series were 25.5 Scale, after that... 24 3/4 scale. I was lucky enough to have one. Another member bought Cannella's Black one.. a member here wound up with mine. All had seriel # U13XXX -U15XXX numbers. As they were built by hand by Mike Shannon

They had huge fat cock necks...
              USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
              USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                You would be correct. The first 12 guitars that Mike Shannon built for the KV2T series were 25.5 Scale, after that... 24 3/4 scale. I was lucky enough to have one. Another member bought Cannella's Black one.. a member here wound up with mine. All had seriel # U13XXX -U15XXX numbers. As they were built by hand by Mike Shannon

They had huge fat cock necks...
                Awesome. So everyone is pretty certain that only 12 exist? man. i feel even more lucky now. I mean a random buy from CT Guitar center turned out to be one.. Pretty awesome..

Thanks RD

Comment

So for the record anyways. Guess it would be safe to say here are 8 of the 12 from members on this board.. I like those kinda numbers...

U13083
                  U13085
                  U13155
                  U13157
                  U13158
                  U13265
                  U13328
                  U13593

Interesting with the 2 numbers being all over the place... and 4 guitars being almost in order
                  Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 07-12-2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

the search continue.
                    GAS list >KV2T first batch in black ghost flame, and CS KV / RR in string thru & rearloaded.

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life. Trying to get all of them logged here. Any new ones pop up??

Comment

White # u13328

Last one I own!

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                          Get The Whole Guitar In The Shot.
                          Reminds me of this time newc took all this time and effort and took about 14 or 15 amazing shots of this guitar he was trying to sell. There was not one single picture of what the guitar really looked like.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

LOL Crazy this wasn't to long after i joined up and started my Jackson quest of hoarding.

Im sure the other 4 have turned up in a year and halfs time. but anyone have some more info?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              Reminds me of this time newc took all this time and effort and took about 14 or 15 amazing shots of this guitar he was trying to sell. There was not one single picture of what the guitar really looked like.
                              Yeah, the PCS Rhoads. Still can't figure out how that happened
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't know how the numbers run on those models. I thought Randy Davis (RD) had one of the 25.5" models and I seem to remember him also saying someone at the factory told him there were only about a dozen made, but I'm not totally sure.
                                Correct, all made by Shannon...12 only in 25.5
                                USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                                USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Working...
                                X