25.5 Inch KV2T Serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25.5 Inch KV2T Serial numbers

Anyone have an idea on when they switched over from 25.5 ? just bought a KV2T and measuring from the front of the nut to the middle of the bridge post it says 25.5 but my serial number is U13593

Curious is anyone knows? any other method of checking scale length or did i so it wrong from the start? :think:

Heres the updated List of serials found by members.

U13083
    U13085
    U13135
    U13155
    U13157
    U13158
    U13265
    U13382
    U13593

Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 04-09-2013, 04:05 PM.

I hate you........nice guitar!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
      I hate you........nice guitar!!!!1
      LOL... Im liking it.. it was in neglected state when i got it in.. Frets were starting to corrode, some kinda sticky stuff all over the back and the front.. and the board was drier than an old hags vag... about an hour later. shined up nicely... still needs more of the Dr's love on the board but for now itll work..

Comment

Even though the thread is generally about the 25.5 KV2Ts, GTWGITS!
        Gear

Jackson DXMG
        Jackson JS30RR
        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
        Blackstar HT5H
        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
        Marshall JCM 800 2203
        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
          Even though the thread is generally about the 25.5 KV2Ts, GTWGITS!

Ok ok here comes the noob question.. I have to know what does GTWGITS mean?

Comment

Get The Whole Guitar In The Shot.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

LOL AHHHHH.. i thought so.. Was searching for the word. Gotcha.. LOL... Tight space in my man room.. those are just quickies... Better pics in the sun as well as a NGD thread later..

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                LOL AHHHHH.. i thought so.. Was searching for the word. Gotcha.. LOL... Tight space in my man room.. those are just quickies... Better pics in the sun as well as a NGD thread later..
                That's what I like to hear.
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I had thought the first batch of them (25) were accidentally made to 25.5" scale, but there's been no verification that I know as to how many exactly. I owned 2 at that scale length a vintage white one serial U13157 and a black ghost flames one serial U13085.

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

I seem to remember hearing that too. I would love to get my hands on one of those 25...
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Interesting Joel. I've asked a friend who is a tech and he said the way I checked it is right. But what's another way to check ? I'm going to take pics.

Btw Joel. Man I'm so jealous of your collection. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                        LOL AHHHHH.. i thought so.. Was searching for the word. Gotcha.. LOL... Tight space in my man room.. those are just quickies...
                        You dick!!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OKie dokie.. I checked it again last night and im pretty convienced its a 25.5 inch scale. and if you all agree. it also raises the question on why? Here is a pic i snapped and i measured from the nut or start of the fretboard to middle of bridge

Also From the front of the nut to the 11th fret exactly is 12 inches. Middle of that was almost 12.75. Just dont think its a short scale... But i have my wide angle lens and will take a full shot. still cloudy today but NGD post coming soon..

Comment

Yep, 25.5" scale. An easy way to do it... measure from nut to 12th fret then just double that number.
                            I thought there was only about 12 of the KV2T with that scale, but maybe it was 25?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw your post somewhere toejam about that.. Thats what i was thinkin.. But my serial numbers dont jive anywhere near Joels for instance. but then again. must not have been in order when they do a run.. Guess i lucked out an got a early one.. Anyone know how to find out year models on the Post Fender guitars?

Comment

Working...
                              X