Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering a Custom Shop. Need some clarification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The production model Charvels are not available with those options. It would be custom shop either way.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Is that woman in the background there for scale comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Snow White is not a pearl finish. My Adrian Smith is Snow White:
        I've previously owned RRs and KV2s in Snow White Pearl. Not sure what is up with the AS.

There are two versions - "snow white" and "snow white pearl". The one available on USA Select Jacksons used to be SWP. I suppose it's possible that Jackson changed the "standard" version on USA Selects somewhere along the line recently, though.

In any event, spec exactly what finish you want or they won't get it right. Send a photo sample, along with your work order.

Comment

Maybe there is a difference in the top coat used between white and snow white. The snow white color, as shown on the AS model, is pure white and very bright. A urethane top coat is usually used with that color to keep it from discoloring. White on the other hand is dull or vintage when placed next to snow white. I think they generally use a polyester top coat with this color. The older polyesters would allow the white to turn cream in color over time. I've heard some of the newer polys are better and don't age as much.

If/when you place your order, might be worth asking what type of top coat they are going to use.

Comment

Standard means 'standard' construction, as in with a scarf-jointed headstock, you can also choose 3-piece and multi-laminate, neither of those have scarf joints, the result is a stronger, more stable neck, plus on neck-through guitars you can combine maple and say mahogany (or any wood) to color the tone of the guitar, plus it looks awesome
            Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
              The older polyesters would allow the white to turn cream in color over time. I've heard some of the newer polys are better and don't age as much.
              Anyone know if the original Charvel Model series used a poly topcoat? My model 2 has yellowed quite a bit over time and it's seen very little sun. BTW, the color on it is called Pearl White which does have some pearl-type sparkle in there.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You guys that post pics of your guitars ON BALCONY LEDGES make me nervous

Comment

Originally posted by SilverEra View Post
                  Ebony fretboard and point headstock. Plus, I've wanted a Jackson CS.
                  You may be able to find a Jackson Strat from San Dimas (or just right after the move to Ontario - years '87-'89) times with these specs...maybe not in white, but you can always get it refinished .

And don't worry...Jackson guitars were ALL Custom Shop pieces back then. Until about '91 .

Comment

Working...
                  X