Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering a Custom Shop. Need some clarification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering a Custom Shop. Need some clarification.

Hey guys,
    So I'm thinking about taking the plunge and ordering my first Jackson Custom Shop.
    Something like this,

Bolt on Dinky, 22 frets, ebony fretboard, non recessed floyd etc.

I just needed a few things cleared before I think about making the order;

1) Finish - Jackson offers two "white" finishes. "White" and "Snow White". Does anyone know the difference between the two?

2) Neck Finish - Three options. Painted, Oiled and "Standard". The first two are self explanatory, but can anyone tell me what "standard" actually is?

Thanks.

Do a Google image search for "Jackson White" and "Jackson Snow White". That might help clarify the differences in the shades.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Your best bet is when you place your order specify on the sheet "Provide color sample for approval" and have them send you both White and Snow White.

Only way you'll know which one you prefer is seeing the colors in person. I had them do this last year for the 3 Silver finishes they offer.

As for the neck, good question. I'd ask your dealer.

Comment

I imagine the "standard" neck is unpainted but glossy.
        Scott

Comment

White is standard white. Snow white is a pearl finish, most common on USA Select Jacksons.

Neck finish - just spec what you want. Basically, there's oiled, painted, or clearcoated without paint. You could also spec satin. Almost anything's possible on a custom shop order.

Comment

Snow White is not a pearl finish. My Adrian Smith is Snow White:

It's just white-white - no pearl. Of course, they also call it a "Dinky" and it is clearly not a Dinky.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Snow White is not a pearl finish. My Adrian Smith is Snow White:

It's just white-white - no pearl. Of course, they also call it a "Dinky" and it is clearly not a Dinky.
              I thought they called it a San Dimas, which it is.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverEra View Post
                I thought they called it a San Dimas, which it is.
                Well... they call it a San Dimas DK or San Dimas Dinky. The should have just called it a San Dimas.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  Snow White is not a pearl finish.
                  Yes, my white Charvel is Snow White... It is just more of a pure white, makes Polar White look dingy/yellow by comparison. No pearl.

Comment

So...

- Snow White is really white
                    - Polar White is dingy white (classic, off white)

So what the heck is just "white?"
                    Blank yo!

Comment

No freaking idea... I have never seen a Charvel or Jackson that was painted "white" (as in, that is what Jackson called it.)

Maybe white is Polar White? :think:

"White" is kinda tricky... They'll all look white by themselves, but if they're right next to each other, you can see "obvious" differences. Check this out...

Antique White is cream (which you can pick up on easily, no matter what) but, look how green Olympic White looks, next to Alpine White (which is really, really white.)

My Alpine White Warmoths are like my Snow White Charvel... Blinding, like snow, as the name would suggest.

Comment

You're right - this is my Warmoth "classic white."

Looks pretty white until you see it against Snow White, then it looks nice and old-white.

Edit - actually, it looks pretty old-white in that picture.
                        Olympic white is the greenish one, huh? Shee-ooot... I'm getting a nice rosewood boarded Strat neck soon and was thinking of an Olympic White body to go with 'er...
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Isnt there a charvel strat which pretty much matches your custom shop spec with the exception of various logos?

Not being awkward but, why spend so much extra for model which you can already buy for half the price or less?

Its your choice of course, i may be missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitised View Post
                            Isnt there a charvel strat which pretty much matches your custom shop spec with the exception of various logos?

Not being awkward but, why spend so much extra for model which you can already buy for half the price or less?

Its your choice of course, i may be missing something here.
                            Ebony fretboard and point headstock. Plus, I've wanted a Jackson CS.

Comment

Ive seen some dark fretboards before on charvels as well as pointy heads, but im no charvel expert so i dont know if they are imports.
                              Are the USA ones (san dimas?) not available with those options?

Comment

Working...
                              X