No announcement yet.

My poor Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can do HVAC repair, but can't figure out how to put a guitar together. I don't think I'd be letting him work on my furnace.

Comment

Fuck that greedy fucker. I'm taking donations for a much more affordable SLSMG... and I'll put my own damn Avenger back together. lol
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I like his reasoning behind the donations - "Send me your lunch money and you can just pack a ham sammich for lunch like a fucking loser and skip the trip to Burger King"

Hell I was gonna offer to do the repairs for free since I'm only a couple hours away till he got to the stupidity.
        If times are tight, sell it.
        Yeah, when I saw that he was in TN the first thing that came to mind was "Send it to Newc".

Comment

Perhaps he should put his ability to create a webpage and various computer skills to work and learn how to use google. There's a wealth of knowledge and tutorials out there to help him put that guitar back together. No cracked neck or body damage...no real damage at all. Simple put humpty dumpty back together again type of project. If you play guitar, you should at least know how to put one together with all of the pieces laid out in front of you....get to learnin'.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Oh brother...

Alright, here we go:

Spam = unsolicited and bulk

my problem is not putting screws in holes but in the condition of the guitar. I don't know if the neck is ok since it has been off the body and unstrung for awhile, please excuse my ignorance. Frets look awful and the nut doesn't look right-like its too grooved or something. I have no idea how to rewire this thing since all the wires were cut and the wiring diagrams I have found don't match up to what I have, excuse my lack of guitar electronics wiring knowledge. This being my only guitar I don't want to screw it up. I appreciate the initial offers to help me but that seemed to fizzle out at the end of the posts. "send it to you"? thanks but I can't do that although it is a nice gesture. Do all of you really have repair/rebuild skills as well as playing skills? I'm jealous...my playing skills aren't that great and my repair skills are even worse!

The guitar was finally dropped off at my mother in law's house before I moved to knoxville and I felt lucky to have it there. It stayed in her spare room for a while until she needed the space, I took it home and put it in the closet. YOU would have done something different and it's too bad for me that I didn't look at it sooner.

Several other things: all the parts were in a ziplock bag in the accessory compartment of the case-no rattling noise. I am not unemployed, I just lost my gravy job and hit slow times in this area. I could turn the heat on for my 5 poor little suffering children but considering it has been in the 60s and 70s around here (memphis) and they are running around on hardwood floors in their underwear complaining about being cold I thought it would be a better idea for them to put socks (not extra, just one pair each), sweat pants (their pajamas) and a long sleeve shirt. Not too much to ask. How did I know what the serial plate said? Easy, I keep records of stuff like that. If I had it out to look at the serial plate (as was intimated because of my previous thread) then I would have taken a picture of it then to post. Notice I posted a link to a 20 year old picture as my only picture. Why not ask for a custom shop 7 string? It is what I want. I didn't say I needed one, but that I wanted one. What should I have wanted? What would you want? Please post a description of your dream Jackson, I bet it would be something to behold.

"He can do HVAC repair, but can't figure out how to put a guitar together. I don't think I'd be letting him work on my furnace." You can do guitar repair and have to hire someone to work on your furnace? Don't confuse the two. They are different trades. It's not like you go to hvac school then get a job at a guitar shop repairing guitars or go to guitar repair school and get a job at an hvac company. That just doesn't make sense.

I have used google to research this. now you use google to fix your furnace next time it quits. Besides, a blog is not that hard to create. Anyway, show me a wiring diagram for my setup (that is not blurry) and I may give it a try.

Comment

One option would be to get all the hardware back together, clean up the frets, mount the pickups, pull the wires to the control cavity, and string it up. Then, take it to a tech to do the wiring and set it up. If you do all the low-hanging fruit yourself, you are probably looking at $75 or so. A tech would probably want $200 if you hand him a pile like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydillon View Post
                my problem is not putting screws in holes but in the condition of the guitar. I don't know if the neck is ok since it has been off the body and unstrung for awhile, please excuse my ignorance.
                Why don't you put the neck on, string it up and see how it plays? Give it a day or two to settle in just to be sure.

Frets look awful and the nut doesn't look right-like its too grooved or something.
                What do you mean by "frets look awful"? Please be more descriptive. Are they dirty? Are there deep grooves in the frets?

I have no idea how to rewire this thing since all the wires were cut and the wiring diagrams I have found don't match up to what I have, excuse my lack of guitar electronics wiring knowledge.
                The wiring diagrams don't match up because they colors probably don't match up. Again, more information would help here.

This being my only guitar I don't want to screw it up.
                As long as you don't do anything drastic, I don't see how you can make it any worse than it already is.

I appreciate the initial offers to help me but that seemed to fizzle out at the end of the posts. "send it to you"? thanks but I can't do that although it is a nice gesture. Do all of you really have repair/rebuild skills as well as playing skills? I'm jealous...my playing skills aren't that great and my repair skills are even worse!
                Level of skill on both areas vary widely around here but it's not rocket science. You should at least be able to string your guitar (which you can as far as I know), intonate it and adjust neck relief. Information on the later are easily found all over the 'net.

Why not ask for a custom shop 7 string? It is what I want. I didn't say I needed one, but that I wanted one. What should I have wanted? What would you want? Please post a description of your dream Jackson, I bet it would be something to behold.
                It seems that some of us, myself included, would not have the gall to essentially beg strangers for donations towards a very expensive custom guitar. To do so only garners contempt and resentment.
                Last edited by Matt_B; 11-27-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I've forgotten how to tie my shoe laces, I've Googled it, but too many conflicting methods...all wrong colours anyway...

I'm accepting donations for an Audi R8...I both want and need it...what else am I supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                    I've forgotten how to tie my shoe laces, I've Googled it, but too many conflicting methods...all wrong colours anyway...

I'm accepting donations for an Audi R8...I both want and need it...what else am I supposed to do?
                    seems reasonable to me
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                      I'm very cynical too, but at first I thought the dude had experienced some genuine misfortune. Until I did a minute amount of research and found that thread.
                      I thought it was genuine also, way to go finding that thread
                      2011 USA Jackson Soloist
                      2007 USA Jackson Soloist
                      2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
                      2009 Edwards ECY 165
                      2009 Schecter Hellraiser
                      2006 USA BC Rich Wave
                      2012 Gibson LP Trad
                      1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Originally posted by jaydillon View Post
                        Anyway, show me a wiring diagram for my setup (that is not blurry) and I may give it a try.
                        http://audiozone.dk/cm/thumbnails.php?album=66

you should be able to find anything you need there.
                        these diagrams worked for me twice (JE1000 dual hum, 3way-switch, 2xV. 1xT./JE1000 dual hum, three way, 1xV.) so I can say they are correct.
                        you gotta combine different pages since they show different parts of the full diagram you need.
                        it's not as easy as a passive system, but if getting your only guitar back into working condition really is your intention, you should be able to do it.
                        good luck.
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post

I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

SCAM. anyone who didn't realize instantly that this was a scam is dumber than the OP.

Comment

What kind of turd actually thinks someone: on here especially; Is dumb enough to believe this drivel and send him money? Oh wait never mind. lol
                              Ya know i was ready to offer my tech services gratis if he was able to send it too me. Until the red flags came up. But if it is legit. Send it to me and i'll fix it for free including the wiring. You just gotta ship it to me. is 40 bucks in shipping worth the health of your one and only?
                              Just checkin'
                              Gil

Comment

Hey, I fixed my furnace using google! It was actually the thermostat, and I went online again to research buying one & installing it correctly. Now my toes are toasty once again!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X