X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Black SL2H (hopefully)

Can I post this before I pick it up?

Fuck it, I am anyway.

I ordered a black SL2H a couple of weeks ago, figured it would take at least a month or so, but SURPRISE! The shop called this morning and it's in... This is officially the LONGEST DAY EVER!

After work I'll be driving up to the north side to take a look. Hopefully everything is up to spec and I'll be bringing her home tonight!

Then play Raining Blood...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would have skipped out of work.

You're dedication to Jackson has diminished in my eyes and you dishonor yourself!

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I was already here, so no sick day, and I'm dangerously low on vacation days (and, in my defense, many of those were used for being at home to wait for UPS dropping off guitars earlier this summer.)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Then play Raining Blood...

Comment

Ya gonna put EMG's in it then? Let me know if they fit in or if ya have to break out the chisel.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              I was already here, so no sick day, and I'm dangerously low on vacation days (and, in my defense, many of those were used for being at home to wait for UPS dropping off guitars earlier this summer.)
              Bah.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                Ya gonna put EMG's in it then? Let me know if they fit in or if ya have to break out the chisel.
                Nope... I decided I don't really like them very much. But I did put EMG's in my SL2 and they fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  Bah.

Comment

Blank yo!

Comment

you still here? This isn't getting the guitar gotten....

Could you feign some kind of stapling or photocopying injury? A reaction to a pastry during morning tea?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

PIIIIIIIIICCCCCSSSS!!!!!!!

Blank yo!

Comment

No pics... No guitar.

I rejected it. I will find out tomorrow how long it will be to get another one in.

The bridge and pickups were centered nicely, and the fretboard looked OK (there were two teeny little dents at about the 3rd fret, between the D and G strings).

Then I noticed that the masking (is it even masked?) around the Jackson logo looked a little... Jagged? And there was some kind of contamination (air bubbles?) under the clear.

The dealbreaker was, the giant run on the bass side of the tremolo recess, right next to the "S" shaped route. You know, the one that's supposed to be a straight line... But, it was shaped more like an "S" than a straight line.

Comment

Oh that's beat. Bummer.
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Happy almost NGD dude!! Soloists are so sweet but you already know that.
                              "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Working...
                              X