Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: usa jacksons

hi guys:
    i have the same USA Kelly bass with kahler. my 2c...the body is huge, but it is still REALLY neck heavy. also, i'm not real fond of the active pickups. the kahler is cool, but i really don't use it. overall, a cool piece, but not an everyday player...my opinion.

Comment

Pictures, we must have pictures! I still haven't heard back on my quote form for my Custom Shop Kelly Bass, so I am jonesing for pics etc. Especially, pics of someone playing one, so that I can get an idea of the size of this beast.
      IMHO, this is still one of the most killer metal shaped basses ever invented, right up there with the Warlock and Mockingbird. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i've had both a warlock and a mockingbird ( basses) and they were worse than the kelly for being neck heavy. almost broke the neck on the 'bird playing out one night! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Nothing is as bad as a Gibson T-Bird tho for headstock dives!

I now join the ranks of USA Jackson bass owners!
          Death Angel bass arrives next week....pics to follow. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats Warrior, I had the pleasure of seeing that bass in person. It is pretty nice, the thing weighed a ton. Good solid wood there, felt like mahogany by the weight. I'll bet it is a sustain monster!

Comment

man i hate you for getting that basses! lol j/k congrats. but i gotta say the bird i was talking about was a bc rich mockingbird.

Comment

Warbird,

If you ever wanna get rid of the Kelly, just drop a line, I think I still have enough open credit! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  man i hate you for getting that basses! lol j/k congrats. but i gotta say the bird i was talking about was a bc rich mockingbird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you mentioned a Mockingbird...and I followed that by saying there's nothing worse than a Gibson T-Bird for HS dives.

Thanks for the congrats on the bass. I may end up posting it for sale here after I get it. I'm up in the air if I want to keep it or not. I also found a bridge saddle for it.

Comment

my bad, i've never played a t-bird. every gibson i've played feels like a baseball bat! and the best thing about the red sox is they whipped the freakin' yankees! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I owned a Gibson T-bird for a while, well...just cuz I love thier 6-string counterparts (Firebirds)
                      T-Bird necks are closer to Fender J-bass necks in feel, and less baseball bat-ish than most other Gibson basses.

And yes...totally agree!...Best thing about the Sox is they SLAUGHTERED the Yankees, as they are about to do to the Cards!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i hope they do but you should know"BRAVES RULE!" LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh jeez!....LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Bad thing is, both my MLB teams suck, so I won't even embarass myself by putting their names on this fine thread! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

go ahead, it's all in fun! lol damn braves choke every time but i still pull for 'em

Comment

Rockies and the White Sox. Thank God for the Broncos, Bears and the Av's, or I wouldn't have any winning organizations to cheer for.

James

Comment

Working...
                                X