usa jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: usa jacksons

I guess you would be the guy to ask how you would rate the Model 3b bass. I found a NOS for $200 with case just waiting to be bought. Should I pull the trigger and get it, if they are a good player?
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

love the pearl one w/ the maple board! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

kevin
      the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

ABSOLUTE CHARVEL, BY ALL MEANS PULL THE TRIGGER!
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

the white model 1b was my first charvel/ jackson bass. i'll post better pics of all of them soon. as for playability of the 3bs, i love 'em.awesome basses (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
            ABSOLUTE CHARVEL, BY ALL MEANS PULL THE TRIGGER!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fire in the Hole!!!!! I took the shot. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
              the white model 1b was my first charvel/ jackson bass. i'll post better pics of all of them soon. as for playability of the 3bs, i love 'em.awesome basses (IMO)
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Got it.
              The bass still had the warranty card in the case. My kid wanted to know which model it was. I told her it was a Peabuddy! So now she shows off her Peabuddy to her friends.

Comment

very nice, AC.

I love the colour of that orange Spectrum too.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice stuff guys! Peabuddy did you ever get your band together?

Comment

hell no, i'm jamming with my old drummer from DEAD SILENCE and his brother as a trio.we hope to record soon. we're doing locomotive breath by jethro tull! only heavier and some other covers with about half the list being originals. thanks for asking.

Comment

gotta say dudes, there's some very cool basses on show in this thread. The Kelly in the first post is truly awesome. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hol-Lee-Crap those USA Jackson basses RULE.

Comment

Hi, I am new. Gotta say I absolutely LOVE the Kelly with the Kahler! I have been specc'ing oone out, and have a couple question, if you don't mind.
                          1) Is that the stanbdard Kelly bass body size, or is that the King Kelly size? It is hard to tell from the angle of the picture.

2) How would you rate the comfort of the body while playing from both a standing and sitting position? I had (sigh) a custom concert neck-through and it was one of the most comfortable playing basses I ever owned. Thanks, and really sweet collection man. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i gotta say, the kelly plays awesome sitting, but i usually play my concert bolt on ( the chains bass ). the kelly is a little neck heavy and has only one little nick so i don't play it much, i know i should play it more but.... i'm not sure about being king kelly or not but it is an 85 san dimas here is a pic

Comment

Thanks alot for the picture! That is really sweet Kelly, definitely my favorite of your collection( or at least the pictures you posted. I also really appreciate the information on the Kelly as far as playability goes.

I sent Jason at DCGL ( I live about 15 minutes from there) a picture of your axe, gonna see about getting a quote for one. I am going to throw a couple changes in,1 I am going to ask that they use a proportionally bigger body ( maybe the non beveled King Kelly) and reading up on this style bass makes them sound a bit neck biased. So,I am going to try and alleviate that by asking for the SLS headstock, hoping that the distribution of weight will help it balance a little better.

One last question if I may. Have you noticed any issues with the Kahler going out of tune? Rumors keep circulating that Kahler is gearing up for production again, and if that is the case, I really want to get a trem on the bass.

Thanks again for the picture, thump that bad boy a time or two for me! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

i love my trem. i don't abuse it but i do use it good bit. never had any problems with it. if anything, i may have to tune the g string when i take it out of the case, but it's never out of tune much. i'm always looking for more of 'em! seems like the basses i have with trems have awesome sustain. i figure it the massive bridge!

Comment

Working...
                                X