No announcement yet.

Cool bass lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glenn Hughes played some cool lines on Deep Purple's Burn.

I like the bass lines on Van Halen's Fair Warning too, even though I've heard rumor the EVH played them in the studio not Michael Anthony. When Push Comes To Shove is a good one.
    Gotta give props to Rick James too. Give It To Me Baby has great groove goin' on.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kevhogAZ View Post
      Man, this section is slow moving. Let's get it a little attention. I was out working in the garage the other day, and heard some cool bass lines in some songs, so I thought I'd list a couple of my favorites, and then some other people could post some, and we could get this section of the board moving, again. Here they are:

Alice Cooper, Schools out
      A Perfect Circle, Judith
      Iron Maiden, The Trooper

Go ahead, don't be shy, list a couple.
      Nice! I had to figure out Eighteen by Alice Cooper to jam with some people. I had trouble figuring some stuff out until I figured out the bassist was using a fretless. Of course I know AC, but I know nothing about his band...did he have the same bassist throughout his career? Was he known for using a fretless?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        "I heard Boston "Don't look back" recently and forgot how good that dude was.
        That would be Tom Sholz and *not* the guy who got bass player credits on the 1st album.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
          Nice! I had to figure out Eighteen by Alice Cooper to jam with some people. I had trouble figuring some stuff out until I figured out the bassist was using a fretless. Of course I know AC, but I know nothing about his band...did he have the same bassist throughout his career? Was he known for using a fretless?
          original Alice Cooper Band's main bass player was Dennis Dunaway who had a jazz backround

Alice went solo with Welcome To My Nightmare where the allmighty Tony Levin played the bass
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
            Glenn Hughes played some cool lines on Deep Purple's Burn.

I like the bass lines on Van Halen's Fair Warning too, even though I've heard rumor the EVH played them in the studio not Michael Anthony. When Push Comes To Shove is a good one.
            Ed played some easy shit, like Unchained probably.
            When Push Comes To Shove has a great bassline wich is definetly played by a real bassist (Mike) not a guitarist (Ed)
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

my new vote:
              shiner-every song they ever did
              paul malinowski was/is a badass

Comment

Peace Sells- Megadeth
                Hate- Pitchshifter
                Cannibal Song- Ministry
                Everything from Geezer Butler

Comment

Working...
                X