Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

thank you for the replies.
    After googling that I found people selling these for 300-400$. Is that a price range you would recommend?
    Also, do I have one of those supposed to be good "techuchi" trems on this guitar? How can I tell?

Comment

The last DR3 that I sold went for $250 (no case). It had the brushed pewter Takeuchi. It was later than yours, with pickup rings and no label. Prices vary with location.

Takeuchi will be be stamped on the block. So you may need to take it apart to see it. And that assumes that it wasn't replaced with a brass block.

*but now that there is no more MIJ, I have seen an increase of interest in MIJ guitars. Even the 'ask price' of Performers have gotten up to the $250 region with the hash tag MIJ.
      Last edited by pianoguyy; 08-26-2015, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        The last DR3 that I sold went for $250 (no case). It had the brushed pewter Takeuchi. It was later than yours, with pickup rings and no label. Prices vary with location.

Takeuchi will be be stamped on the block. So you may need to take it apart to see it. And that assumes that it wasn't replaced with a brass block.

*but now that there is no more MIJ, I have seen an increase of interest in MIJ guitars. Even the 'ask price' of Performers have gotten up to the $250 region with the hash tag MIJ.
        Okay, thank you for the insight.
        All of this has been incredibly helpful. Thank you everyone, it is much appreciated.

Comment

That looks like a 6 digit serial, which means it's date-coded. First digit or two digits is the year.

ex: 5=1995 or 95=1995
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I need some help with the value of a guitar I'm considering. It is a Jackson Fusion HH. S/N 311337. It has a non-original hard side case and the tremolo arm. It is a dark red color and has the original pickups. Only problem is that it has a pretty good sized chip down to the wood on the edge- wood is not damaged. The chip is about an inch long. What would the value be?

Comment

1993 Fusion Pro, I'd wager. How much is the seller asking?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He was asking $300.00. I let it go by. It actually had one large paint chip the size of a guitar pick and a smaller one the size of a dime- both down to the wood. I wouldn't have minded them so much but they were on the front edge of the guitar on the top side. Cool guitar though.

Comment

I have about 12 of these - 1990-1996, all Dinkys, god are the necks slim and fast, often they are overpriced.

some tips: 1990-1995 had a black and chrome neck plate, after they were making them too well (cutting in to the USA model sales), they changed factories or something, and to the smooth neck plate (1996?), not considered as desirable and are very plentiful on EB. These later ones have bound necks that alone go for around $200 on EvilBay.

1990 - 1995, only the XL model had a bound neck and headstock.
                  I can't verify the inlay is MOP. They certainly don't "glow" like the MOP inlays in my USA Soloist.

Also look for the ones with a "Schaller made in Germany" stamped near the tremolo arm. The cool ones in my opinion have a quilt maple top, most all are basswood but that's okay.
                  Be warned that if you get one with that's been played since 1995, the frets will be worn, sometimes requiring a level and dress, for about $150. People are usually very bad about and even unable to describe the fret wear in a way that can help .

Jeff in Waikiki -oops this thread is very old
                  Last edited by jeff9beck; 09-17-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X