today was a good day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today was a good day

after all the recent threads about the concepts and more specifically the jdr-94 i had to replace the one i sold a few years ago and hell yeah i got what is supposed to be a new(though i'm sure its used) JDR-94 w/hsc for 242+s/h
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370117992758
    not a great deal, but its a great guitar.

Those things get really high ratings. If they're as good as everyone claims, I would think its a steal for that price including the case. Wonder why he thinks it is new?

Comment

Great news Dan! Hope it arrives to you ok and everything. It looks like it's in nice shape for it's age. Hopefully it's a keeper for you this time.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        Those things get really high ratings. If they're as good as everyone claims, I would think its a steal for that price including the case. Wonder why he thinks it is new?
        i dont know. i shoulda asked that but it took me 3 messages just to get him to make sure it said jdr-94 concept on the headstock so i didnt push it.

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        Great news Dan! Hope it arrives to you ok and everything. It looks like it's in nice shape for it's age. Hopefully it's a keeper for you this time.
        LOL. yeah hopefully. i do tend to buy and sell and buy. i had to get it once i saw it went thru its first auction with no bids. i mean, i dont feel right havin my screen name as jdr-94 without owning one anymore. it was my main guitar when i joined jcf and i the recent threads made me miss it more.

Comment

holy shit i just got my jdr in the mail and this thing is untouched. no scratches,swirls,dings, nothing!! how this guitar survived this long without play is beyond me. the only bad thing is there was no trem bar incl. otherwise this thing could actually be new. hellz yeah

Comment

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

how true. i will take some tomorrow night with a camera instead of my crappy phone cam.

Comment

Congrats brother!
                I love it when a plan comes together.
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

heres a couple pics

anything that looks like a mark, isnt. just dust or flash.

Comment

Holy crap Mr.Dan, you weren't kidding when you said that it was mint.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That's really a nice specimen. I'd love to find a JDX-94 in that condition!
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah i really think its never been played. the neck hasnt even been set up.

Comment

Sweet! I really like mine. I think, apart from the fact it plays nicely and sounds great since I changed the bridge pickup - these guitars with the reverse headstock and all black hardware just LOOK awesome!
                          I replaced the control knobs with black metal ones and I'm thinking of replacing the single coil with one of my Fender ones. I have a cracking set of USA Fender pickups in my Marlin strat but I never play the thing, so I think I might swap the middle pickups around in that and the JDR.

Nice score!
                          Last edited by MartinBarre; 12-11-2008, 01:13 PM.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

real nice guys, congrats. It's always fun to get "another" one
                            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Great steal, jdr!
                              I had a got good (bro) deal on a PS4 Performer.
                              Very similar guitars, IMO. Great players.

Comment

Working...
                              X