Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
    Yes, it's ping.
    Those trems are pretty cool! As Blackendvampire said, just replace the shitty arm and it is perfect.
    Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
    They don't have the ping logo on them...
    I think they are real, just made in China or somewhere so the cost is lower and they can put it on RR24s, ESP LTDs, BC Rich etc. and still call them OFRs.

PINGs have a logo nect to the tremolo arm, these clearly don't.
    , NAZGUL
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

WTF kelly user,

Mitch said that it's a ping, I said that they can't be pings, because they don't have a ping logo on them and then I said what I think they are...

I think it's you who just got served .

Comment

Who knows, maybe Nazgul is right and I'm a total 100% noob

Comment

all non-strat bodied bolt-on jackson imports suffer neckdive, except the warrior. relocate the forward strap button into the neckplate as stated above and job done... As for the RR24, I thought it was supposed to be an OFR as stated on the main Jackson site. If this is untrue, I can see many an RR24 buyer wanting a refund.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Get the RR3 and a DiMarzio ClipLock strap and mount the front Clip on the edge of the neck pocket between the front 2 neck bolts, not on the plate. It'll balance a lot better.
            Get a leather DiMarzio Cliplock (or any other leather strap) and it will stay in place on your shoulder even better.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              all non-strat bodied bolt-on jackson imports suffer neckdive, except the warrior. relocate the forward strap button into the neckplate as stated above and job done... As for the RR24, I thought it was supposed to be an OFR as stated on the main Jackson site. If this is untrue, I can see many an RR24 buyer wanting a refund.
              Notice how I havent really responded to the RR24 trem deal. I dont give a fuck if its really an OFR or not. I didnt buy it for that, I bought it because its neckthru and 24 frets. I dont want a neckpickup because I dont use them and they steal tone, you get better tone with a one pickup design. I am absolutely in love with my RR24 and I deffinately think it is not for everyone, You may want 24 frets on a rhoads, but if you want a neckpickup, dont even bother. And if you buy a high end guitar just for the bridge, your a fool, you should be looking at other things, like the guitar itself, I never worry about components, their replaceable. Quality and Construction are not really replaceable. The frets on my RR24 are amazing, they still look perfectly polished after all the playing I do on it. The ebony is not striped or anything it is perfect. The black binding looks good on the white guitar, I dont like how it looks on the black ones, but then again, I didnt buy a black one. The neck contour is thin and fast compared to an RR5, which is great because its a relief from my usual fat U necks on my les pauls and ESP. Its just a great guitar overall.
              But it probably will have too many things different for people to shell out 1200$ for it, so dont even bother if you want to change stuff on it, just go for an RR3, they are very good guitars overall, if you dont mind that its a bolt on neck and 22 frets, then yeah, its probably more versitile and such too. And just put the strap button on the bolt of the neck joint, its so much easier.
              www.myspace.com/memnochband
              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                you cannot buy an RR24 for under 1000 dollars.
                Not true. In at least 2 other threads here recently I have seen sub 1000 RR24s FS.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

WTF kelly user,

Mitch said that it's a ping, I said that they can't be pings, because they don't have a ping logo on them and then I said what I think they are...

I think it's you who just got served .
                  no, sorry to say but you are wrong and the mitch is right, ping is the only company allowed to use the OFR label, supposedly because their quailty is really high, according to a few members around here.
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                    no, sorry to say but you are wrong and the mitch is right, ping is the only company allowed to use the OFR label, supposedly because their quailty is really high, according to a few members around here.

Then why the hell it doesn't have a PING logo on it?

It looks like an OFR, it has an OFR logo, but there's no Made in Germany stamped under it. So I presume it's an OFR made in China or somewhere and that's why it feels cheaper (that's what owners say).

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                      Ping hardware was always shit. Seems it's better nowadays, but it's still cheaper metal and not as good as an Original Floyd. I'm also wondering, like Nazgul, where the weird Ping logo is.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i was under the impression that the RR24 has an Original Floyd Rose...if it in fact doesnt, then they should knock 200 bucks off the price. ill have to check one out when i see one, see how the trem is and compare with my Schecter's OFR.
                        and FWIW, the Ping Floyds say Floyd Rose on them because Floyd himself allows it, because they are supposedly the next best thing to an OFR, but the Floyd Rose on the Ping looks like its etched on there, not stamped like an OFR, and it also has the Ping logo. if Jackson (or anyone else using Ping Floyds) said the guitar had an OFR and it instead had a Ping, thats fraud. i would hope that wouldnt happen.
                        My metal band Lucian Scott
                        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                        Available Now!
                        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Well, I tried a RR24 and my impression of it's floyd was kinda cheap.
                          AND it had the same trem-arm issue as a ping.
                          As I said, maybe I'm wrong about this ping-thingy

Comment

Working...
                          X