Does the RR3 nose dive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the RR3 nose dive ?

a friend of mine is about to buy a new guitar and is really interested in the RR3. So I wanted to know if the guitar was well balanced or not ? Thanks

edit: sorry RR3 not RR4
    Last edited by FSU_Seminoles; 07-30-2007, 06:44 PM.

Wait...RR-3 or RR-4? Now Imma relly confused...

Seriously - yes, the bolt-on RRs are neck heavy, with the way the strap buttons are placed originally. They won't nose-dive the way a thick-necked SG does, but they want to "plane out", with the neck parallell to the floor.

Comment

Yes they nose dive

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        Wait...RR-3 or RR-4? Now Imma relly confused...
        There was an RR-4.
        http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jac...1997Page06.htm
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

do RR5s dive too ? she really wants a floyd with it but if the 5 doesn't nose dive I'm sure it would be a better bet for her

Comment

you can move the strap button to the neck plate and cure the neck dive rather easily. after i moved the strap button on mine it made it much more comfortable to play and the neck doesnt dive anymore. its worth it for less than 5 minutes of work.
            My metal band Lucian Scott
            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Think about a RR24. It's a few bucks more but you get a neck-thru (won't dive to the ground of the ocean like RR3) + original Floyd.

Comment

its a ping floyd
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I'd say it probably is ping or somthing, after owning my RR24 the trem arm doesnt stay tight, it loosens up after a bit of playing with it, and I am finnicky about my trem arm staying tight and in place. Ive replaced my trem arm and guts on my ESP MH, with a Floyd Rose Original trem arm. I put that trem arm on my RR24, no problems. But thats the only problem ive ever had with it, big shit, just buy a new trem arm or get the music store to replace it with a OFR arm, the trem is pretty well just a regular trem, no improper movement, very stable, very thick and strong. It works.

I wouldnt go from an RR3 to an RR24, you cannot buy an RR24 for under 1000 dollars. The RR3 can be had for about 200 to 400 dollars depending on if you want it new or used. Also, the RR3 is a great guitar, I had one, I just do not like bolt on necks so much, personal prefference really though, most fender freaks dont like neckthru designs. I wanted a 24 fret rhoads forever too, so the RR24 was the only bet for me.

The RR3 is not very neck heavy though, I never had a problem with it that much and I use nylon straps (They slide around). But if it were a problem just put the strap button on the bolt from the bolt on part of the neck, very easy. Of all my guitars, when I had my RR3 I actually had the neck fully off it once, I had never done that, and since havent (I dont own a bolt on) But the reason I took the neck off was to paint it, I had unfinished necks LOL. It didnt turn out so nice, so I stripped the paint back off and put the neck back on and sold it. If the person doesnt mind a bolt on, or unfinished neck, thats the guitar to go for. PS, the Licensed floyds on the RR3's Rock. I actually love most licensed floyd's except Ibanez, their just fucked, I hate Ibanez with a passion.
                  www.myspace.com/memnochband
                  www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Yes, it's ping.
                    Those trems are pretty cool! As Blackendvampire said, just replace the shitty arm and it is perfect.

Comment

They don't have the ping logo on them...

Comment

Yes, those are the only licensed trems with "floyd rose" stamped on.

Comment

I think they are real, just made in China or somewhere so the cost is lower and they can put it on RR24s, ESP LTDs, BC Rich etc. and still call them OFRs.

PINGs have a logo nect to the tremolo arm, these clearly don't.

Comment

Chinese manufacturers will put any logo you pay them put on, and leave off their own logo so the client can fool their buyers with a substandard product for the same price as the better-quality.

The RR24 has only one pickup. Yes you get 2 extra frets, but you lose a pickup. Get the RR3 and a DiMarzio ClipLock strap and mount the front Clip on the edge of the neck pocket between the front 2 neck bolts, not on the plate. It'll balance a lot better.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

On my RR3, I drilled the neck plate dead center between the two top bolts, about 5/8ths of an inch back from the edge. Then I used a smaller bit to drill a pilot a hole into the wood and tapped the plate for a machine screw. It is solid and secure, and it balances nicely for me.

I would not approach a USA model with a drill, but the MIJ models are made to mod!

Comment

Working...
                              X