• Show
Clear All

Wow that is beautiful and great score!
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Nice score man, now toss in some Dimarzios and your all set!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
        Nice score man, now toss in some Dimarzios and your all set!
        Any suggestions? I have a humbucker from hell in the neck and an evolution in the bridge of another guitar. What do you like from Dimarzio? After fixing the EMG's they're not half bad. They make my guitar sound like a les paul. Really tight and ballsy.

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
          After fixing the EMG's they're not half bad. They make my guitar sound like a les paul.
          Can I have what you are smoking?:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Yeah, as Toejam said, an SA is a pretty clean sounding single. I have an EMG-S loaded in an axe (ceramic magnet vs. an Alnico in the SA) and it's very clean. The 60 should sound pretty clean as well. When I think of EMG 60, I think of old school Metallica. I'm not sure which parts were played on an EMG 60, maybe Toejam knows?

Anyways, great score there. You did real good.
            james's parts were played on an 60, although he never use his sole neck pick up, it was eaither the bridge or the middle position. i do believe the solo from nothing else matters was played on the 60. sorry........ i am a explorer/ hetfield fanboy ( points to the avatar to the left...........)
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
              Any suggestions? I have a humbucker from hell in the neck and an evolution in the bridge of another guitar. What do you like from Dimarzio? After fixing the EMG's they're not half bad. They make my guitar sound like a les paul. Really tight and ballsy.

I'm not an EVO fan but the HFH in the neck is fn' great! If I have a bright guitar I put in a Super III or a PafPro in the bridge , depending on the output I need. I use a Tonezone in more 'normal' sounding guitars.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                james's parts were played on an 60, although he never use his sole neck pick up, it was eaither the bridge or the middle position. i do believe the solo from nothing else matters was played on the 60. sorry........ i am a explorer/ hetfield fanboy ( points to the avatar to the left...........)
                Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's using the 60 in the neck of that Explorer for that solo as well. The 81/60 combo is pretty much standard for him.

When he first started using EMGs, he had an 81/81 setup in at least one of his Explorers, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X