My new Archtop Soloist Flameburst!!! pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Archtop Soloist Flameburst!!! pics

Gotta love it. Can't seem to find these anywhere these days. It's got 1 tiny ding on it and a chip on the headstock, but other than that a real beauty. I love that the Jackson Logo is in mother of pearl, or something irridescent. The neck is ebony I think, and is set, although shaped like a neck through. Very much like the 750xl I owned once upon a time, except lighter. Anyways, came loaded with EMG SA and 81, the SA can't produce clean sounds because it's so damn hot! Time to swap out I think. Anyways, here are the pics, I paid 500 which I felt was fair. It was hard to come up with a price since they sell so rarely.

SWEET!!!!! $500.00 is a nice price.Lucky SOB.LOL!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very great guitar, you have there.

And 500 is a very very good price for that I think.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        Very great guitar, you have there.

And 500 is a very very good price for that I think.
        I heard a rumor on one of these threads that there were 2 different necks on this model, one slimmer and flatter, one like a USA soloist. This one has the USA soloist style neck. NOTHING beats the neck on my Soloist XL professional!!!

Comment

was this the one on ebay that got backdoor'ed? not fair...

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo08 View Post
            was this the one on ebay that got backdoor'ed? not fair...
            Nah, got it on craigslist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
              Nah, got it on craigslist!!!

Man, would have loved to grab something like that. Nice score!
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
                Anyways, came loaded with EMG SA and 81, the SA can't produce clean sounds because it's so damn hot!
                Can't be an SA, because that's a single coil. Looks like either an 81 or 60. If the logo is silver, it's an 81. If it's gray, it's a 60. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic. You shouldn't be having problems with clean sounds with either of them, though. And, again, I can't tell, but if the bridge logo is gold, then that's an 85. You could always pull the pickups and see the model number marked on the back.

Very sweet guitar, though!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Can't be an SA, because that's a single coil. Looks like either an 81 or 60. If the logo is silver, it's an 81. If it's gray, it's a 60. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic. You shouldn't be having problems with clean sounds with either of them, though. And, again, I can't tell, but if the bridge logo is gold, then that's an 85. You could always pull the pickups and see the model number marked on the back.

Very sweet guitar, though!

Think something's wrong with the pickup. No matter how low I turn it it still distorts my amp. Yeah, you're right, it's a 60.

Comment

If your battery is shoved into your switch and pot cavity (as opposed to having it's own little cubby), wrap the conductive shell of the battery in electrical tape and see if the problem goes away. The battery may be grounding your wiring, which can do weird things.

Comment

Very nice congrats I would say you stole for $500.00 .I own four of them and it took me over two years to find them.
                      Mike
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Those reverse sharkies look great! Congrats.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                          If your battery is shoved into your switch and pot cavity (as opposed to having it's own little cubby), wrap the conductive shell of the battery in electrical tape and see if the problem goes away. The battery may be grounding your wiring, which can do weird things.
                          Good advice, the battery was wrapped in styrofoam, but I rearranged everything and it seems to have fixed it...for now...and thank y ou!!

Comment

Yeah, as Toejam said, an SA is a pretty clean sounding single. I have an EMG-S loaded in an axe (ceramic magnet vs. an Alnico in the SA) and it's very clean. The 60 should sound pretty clean as well. When I think of EMG 60, I think of old school Metallica. I'm not sure which parts were played on an EMG 60, maybe Toejam knows?

Anyways, great score there. You did real good.

Comment

Killer axe! Congratulations.
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X