DK2 White Bengal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 White Bengal

I'm pretty sure there was a discussion about this before but I couldn't find it, I'm sure I could have tried harder. Anyway I'd like to know what you guys think of these. I really like the bengal scheme and have always wanted a guitar like this. The USA models are just too far out of my price range so this is the next best thing. Worth $700? Also does anyone know anything about the ones with the orange in them? Thanks guys, I'd really like to know your thoughts.

~Joe

Is this the one? I wouldn't pay $700 for it. I got my trans-black DK2T for $300. The DK2 was listed for $599 in guitar stores. Other than the floyd, graphics and the all-maple neck, I dont think there is much difference between my guitar and the white bengal you are taking about. Personally I would take a yellow bengal or even an orange one. But white, I have to see one first before falling for it.

its listed on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-DK2M-BEN...QQcmdZViewItem
    Sam

Comment

Yep those were the ones I saw sometime ago. Still wonder what you guys would be willing to pay for one. Also I've seen the white but I've also seen one that is white but has a hint of orange in the middle. The head also looks orange. Not sure why the difference.

Comment

Whatever it is, its not worth $700. People are getting made in US guitars for less than that. I got a brand new '06 slsmg (with full warranty and receipt) for $725 on eBay. I love my DK2 more than the slsmg, but the slsmg is a completely different beast.

BTW, have you contacted the dealer sponsorers? if its out, they might give you a better deal.
        Sam

Comment

There's a Zebra DK-2 out there as well.

Comment

I bought my new DK2 for < $300 as well.

Same guitar, just a different neck and paint job. Is that enough to make it worth double the price?

Comment

$300 huh, I never seem to find any deals. I do like the paint job, the orange in it looks great but I don't know if its worth $400 more. No I didn't contact the dealers but I probably should. Thanks guys, definatly given me something to think about. Keep the thoughts coming if you have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigsnatcher View Post
                $300 huh, I never seem to find any deals. I do like the paint job, the orange in it looks great but I don't know if its worth $400 more. No I didn't contact the dealers but I probably should. Thanks guys, definatly given me something to think about. Keep the thoughts coming if you have them.
                ???

Are you sure it's a DK-2? I don't think it is... You may have seen a higher end guitar, but I dont think you'll see that in this series -- although I do hope I'm wrong about that!!

Comment

Its a DK2M......would that make a difference.....and what is the dirrerence between a DK2 and a DK2M?

Comment

Its a DK2M......would that make a difference.....and what is the dirrerence between a DK2 and a DK2M?

DK2M has a maple fretboard. DK2 is rosewood. (or something other than maple)
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I'm just saying that any guitar in the DK2 series probably doesn't have the paint job you're talking about (orange bengal - at least not that I've ever seen unless it was aftermarket)) - and yes, all the M signifies is that it has the maple/maple neck.

Comment

well, if you do a search, this topic has been discussed many times already...
                        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=DK2+DK2m
                        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=DK2+DK2m

IMO the only difference between the two is the neck. The DK2 has a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard whereas the DK2M is all maple. Maple is a heavier wood with a very bright sound. The rosewood fretboard on the DK2 sort of reduces the "trebly" character of the neck. So, theoretically, a stock DK2M should should much brighter than the DK2.
                        Sam

Comment

Yeah I did read those two discussions, after the fact. I didn't realize the M stands for maple, although it makes perfectly good sence. I do like the maple! Here is a link to the guitar I was talking about, please give me any input if you have it. All I know is was supposed to be white striped like the one in the picture above on ebay.

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/JacksonDK2MBengal.html

Comment

All I can say is "WOW". Looks very mean. still, I wouldn't pay $700 for it. Dinky's lose their value a LOT! In fact, there was a thread about why $599+ dinky's are selling for under $300 on eBay. That said, If you dont mind the resale value, go for it!! It looks killer especially with that orange tinge. If it turns out too bright-sounding, there are quite a few threads about pickup recommendations for a Dinky.

EDIT: Never mind the pickup change... didnt realise it came with EMG's. EMG's sound killer on Dinky's.
                            Last edited by emperor_black; 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM.
                            Sam

Comment

Working...
                            X