Finally got an MM1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tp-6?
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
      Tp-6?
      Fine-tuning tailpiece.
      http://www.music123.com/Gibson-TP6-T...e-i97706.music
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was under the impression it was a 6 to 12 string converter. That would be really cool though, Budman?
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

That looks like a Jackson version of a Carvin. Personally.. I'm typically not inclined towards amoeba type shapes but that does appear to be a striking and well put together axe. You could always go with a 10 string format if you are planning on a conversion too.

Comment

Schaller makes a fine tuner tailpiece as well.. I don't recall what the model is tho.. 54, 56?. They typically run a little less than a Gibson TP-6 tho.

Comment

If there were an orgy between a Les Paul, a Firebird, Reverse Firebird, a Telecaster, Jazzmaster, Jaguar and Toronado, the MM1 would be its mutated offspring! :ROTF:

Comment

I should have my Riverbed sometime in April...I'm not too fond of Primer..especially because of the lack of inlays.

Comment

Could you post a pic of the side of the body. I would like to see how thick it is and if it is natural or painted.
                  RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                  CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                  Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                  Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
                    Could you post a pic of the side of the body. I would like to see how thick it is and if it is natural or painted.
                    Here's some side pics of mine in this thread.
                    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66699

Comment

The whole thing's painted. A Natural Binding body edge woulda been sweet.

It's as thick as a Dinky/Rhoads/Warrior/Kelly/etc.

I thought it was inspired by the Fernandes thing when I first saw one, but I'd say it reminds me of an Ibenhad Talman I once played. It was a good guitar, but then they dropped it, then people wanted it back, so they brought it back, but there was something different about it - the older/original ones were good, but the "comebacks" were crap.

I'm not good with Tele shapes (3 JTXs have finally proven that to me ) but this is quite comfy. Dunno if it's the longer body or if the top front bout is shorter, but I like it.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          The whole thing's painted. A Natural Binding body edge woulda been sweet.
                          More like a transparent stain, as you can see the wood grain on the back of the neck and body.

Comment

"you can see the wood grain on the back of the neck and body"
                            I love the quilted top, but the transparent red over mahogany on the back of mine is damn good looking. I'm really tempted to get another for mild customization.
                            Nice score, Newc - I wondered who bought that one.

Comment

Working...
                            X