Bond V inlay question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitarnut View Post
    My inlays are different to the ones Dk1crazy posted (and his pics are much better!) - mine's a MIJ, but the green finish, rather than the red - thought they were all MIJ & had assumed the inlays were the same
    They are all MIJ and the inlays should all be the same. Dk1crazy's picture came from MF, so I guess it was taken in "favorable" lighting!

The only exception is the original CS RR that Kevin Bond owned (as featured in the '04 catalogue). Tommi at the jackson guitar palace now owns it:

http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/RR2882/index.htm
    Seriously cool.

BTW I think the green looks great in pictures, but have never seen one in real life. Any chance of a glow in the dark picture?!
    Last edited by ken; 03-04-2007, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I like the Inlays on the Bond RR... not so bad...

Comment

What does it mean to say that the inlays are "plugs" ?

Does it mean the entire inlay is pre-cut and then "plugged in" to the fretboard? What's the difference between a "plug" and regular inlays?

Thanks

- Leo.

Comment

What I meant by it was that the inlay isn't individual pieces of "pearloid" or MOP laid directly into the fretboard wood. It appears to be a circular plug of some material with the inlay material set into it, and then the whole lot is inserted in the fingerboard. I'm no expert, so if anyone out there knows different, please let me know as well!
          Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Working...
          X