Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drewxunit
    replied
    I hate to make this more confusing but it does infact have binding on the headstock as well. I'm pretty sure it's a DK2 neck, and a DK2 body. I just cannot understand the ASM.

EDIT: This is def not a JS1 body. Looking through pictures and comparing, they are different, look at the right cutaway and the angle. I wish i could figure out a way to contact Jackson to ask them.

SORRY about being such a noob about Jackson...I've always been a fender player.
    Last edited by drewxunit; 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mm2002
    replied
    Sorry, I mean't headstock binding...I can see the fretboard binding. All DK2 necks had headstock binding and a FR nut. Now that I look closer, I can see maybe headstock binding....but what about the nut? OK, just for fun, here's my guess.....JS1 body, chrome pup covers, and a DK2 neck converted to standard nut (which may explain that funky truss rod cover).
    Am I close?
    Last edited by mm2002; 10-29-2006, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    There is binding on the neck, you can't see it in the pictures.

Leave a comment:

• mm2002
    replied
    I can add that it's not a DK2 neck...no binding and standard nut. The body looks like a JS1 to me.

Leave a comment:

• fett
    replied
    Welcome to the board. These guys will know. Whether you like it or not.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    Originally posted by drewxunit View Post
    the ebay seller claims "this was a limited run model. The only difference being a non locking trem and Chrome hardware. It was produced as a student model for use in music schools". Is there any validity to this??????
    Is there any way to find this out? THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE HELP BTW!

Leave a comment:

• wilkinsi
    replied
    wierd. maybe he got a dk2, took out the floyd, and re-did the body to fit that nasty one? then put those gopping pups in. what a waste

Leave a comment:

• RobRR
    replied
    That is a Jackson body... Its got the right cavity, lower horn scallop, and neck joint back scallop.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    How do I know this for sure. I would hate to think i got such a deal and then get ripped off.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Yeah, the ASM bodies are pointier.

There are plenty of Dinkies that don't have the scallop on the lower horn either, though.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    Also, the front of the guitar, the bottom cut away has a slight angle... BC RICH ASM are FLAT.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Yeah, some Jacksons have that scallop. Looks like a Jackson control cavity to me, too.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied

That's a picture of the back. The cut under the bolt plate looks like a jackson, i thought atleast???

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    saw this on ebay - jackson dk2 neck, bc rich asm body. not a jackson guitar, just it's neck bolted to an asm body with it's pups swapped out.
    Looks more like a Jackson body than any B.C. Rich ASM body I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Nazgul
    replied
    Sorry, not real Jackson. Neck is Jackson.
    Last edited by Nazgul; 10-29-2006, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X