Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drewxunit
    replied
    thank you everyone once again for your help. i've learned a lot about jackson guitars in the past day hah.
    Anyway...the neck is a DK2T....and the body is a DK2ASM ... it has to be a limited edition model or something of the sort...it was made in july 2006.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Leave a comment:

• Sunbane
    replied
    Take the neck off of the thing, and look at the stamps in the neckpocket/neck heel. There should be stamps there, indicating model and production year.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    DK2s aren't the only Jacksons with a scalloped horn. I have two Fusions that both have it.
    And not all DK2s have the scalloped horn either.

Leave a comment:

• VitaminG
    replied
    DK2s aren't the only Jacksons with a scalloped horn. I have two Fusions that both have it.

Leave a comment:

• RacerX
    replied
    Originally posted by drewxunit View Post
    The serial number is 9763960.
    That's a recent number.

Leave a comment:

• RobRR
    replied
    Thats a flame top so it wont have a scallop... only solid color guitars get the scalloped lower horn, all transparent tops are flat.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    dude, I think I've got it.

DK2T neck, as I said earlier.

And a body off a Charvel Standard. Check out this for reference:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5394&rd=1&rd=1
    The only thing about the body is the angle in the cutaway. That is flat. Mine is angled... like a DK2 haha

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Has Jackson ever used a two post trad trem on any of their guitars? They've produced lower end guitars with vintage trems before, but I didn't think they were two-posters.
    Yes, they have used two-point trems on several guitars: The JS1, JX10 and JS20 come to mind.

Leave a comment:

• VitaminG
    replied
    dude, I think I've got it.

DK2T neck, as I said earlier.

And a body off a Charvel Standard. Check out this for reference:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5394&rd=1&rd=1

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    The serial number is 9763960. The neckplate says Jackson with the serial. I'll try taking the neck off tomorrow. Thanks!

P.S. I payed significantly lower than $300

Leave a comment:

• Rich#6
    replied
    In 96 and 97 Jackson made guitars models not exactly like this but close. The JRS and the AT. Is this an archtop , I can't tell from the picture. if it is except for the different switch it looks like the AT. The JRS's had this trem too. Serial # might help for the year.

Leave a comment:

• RobRR
    replied
    Im at a loss man... thats DEFINETLY a Jackson neck and a Jackson body without question. Just dont know what the hell its from! Id say the truss cover isnt origonal though. The neck is origonally without a locking nut, you can tell that it was made for a non-trem/vintage trem. The body has a two post trem similar to a JS20, but a JS20 is HSS and no scallop, and slightly different control layout.

Only thing I can think of was it was a limited run ordered by a company similar to what MusiciansFriend recentlty did with the DK2M 1 hum RGF, and I know Guitar Center had a limited run of DXMG/DKMG looking hybrid... so its not out of the question.

Id say if you paid around $300 give or take a bit you got a good deal regardless. Whats the neckplate say? Whats the serial number? Heres what you can do... take the neck off, and look at the writing that will be on the neck heel and the neck pocket... that should identify the guitar and when it was made.

Leave a comment:

• VitaminG
    replied
    it could be a DK2T neck. The body looks legit, but I don't know what to think of that trem. Has Jackson ever used a two post trad trem on any of their guitars? They've produced lower end guitars with vintage trems before, but I didn't think they were two-posters.

Leave a comment:

• drewxunit
    replied
    that's lame of you to put me down, it doesn't matter how much i paid. THANK YOU everyone for your help!
    Last edited by drewxunit; 10-29-2006, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mm2002
    replied
    Now is when you need to reveal how much you paid for it so we can tell you if you got fucked or not. Or just keep it to yourself if you think you paid too much...that's cool too! Maybe some JS1's had the lower horn scallop? Hell, who knows.
    Jackson isn't very hard to contact if you do a little research and have a phone.
    Or maybe you should just stick with Fenders....sounds like Jacksons may be a little too complicated for you.
    Last edited by mm2002; 10-29-2006, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X