No announcement yet.

How are the PROFESSIONAL soloists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy does this thing shred, and it sounds great doing it! For a 1990 guitar, you'd be fooled if there was an SL-1 next to it...it's THAT good!

These neck-thru's are starting to make me wonder about bolt on's honestly! I love my EERIE SL-1, this one, and that king v is such a sweet axe as well.

Here are a few pics, I friggin' love this thing!!!!

Comment

I just got done shredding the hell out of it after a re-string, polish the frets and check the intonation(which was right on!). I pulled out the pearl predator to jam that a little(that's tuned exactly to Ratt-Lay It Down) and snapped a pic of the pearl axes! The predator has a sprinkle more metallic to it, but they're both awesome in their own way!

Comment

That's a nice pair of axes ya got there..
        I might have to do some family pics in a week or so, myself

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
          It used to be ferrari red, but sadly someone painted dark metallic green over it.
          D'OH!!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Quick question:

If I dropped in a 32mm floyd, would it hit the back of the recess? The string retainer things(whatever they're called) The current jackson/floyd has shorter retainers. I have a chrome floyd coming that I'd like to transplant.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
              Quick question:

If I dropped in a 32mm floyd, would it hit the back of the recess?
              Probably.

Comment

Very Nice, and yes with that recess it would hit (I've looked into that one myself)
                I don't think you over paid for it either, when I said I wouldn't go that high on an import, $600.00 is my personal cutoff for an Import.
                Hold on to it for a couple of years ,the way prices are going on these things you'll probably get a grand for it.
                I'm kind of kicking myself for not grabbing it now because it looks great, and I agree neck thrus kick ass, I love my SL2H!
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Back to that Soloist....did you see who JZ06 beat out to win it!!!???!!!

WAY TO GO MAN!!!! (caps intended on that one)

Chances are we won't see it up again in two weeks with a $1685 price tag thank god.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek
                    Chances are we won't see it up again in two weeks with a $1685 price tag thank god.
                    And probably listed as a USA Jackson LOL!

Comment

It will fit the cut out in the body.The OFR is smaller than Schaller length wise.If you can fine a local machine (tool & die , possibly automotive) shop they should be able to grind the OFR lock bolts down so they will clear the recess an then run a die down them.Or pickup a set meant for the Schaller and have them grind the shoulder down.
                      Mike
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

It just so happens I have two guitars with the CORRECT length fit screws! I'll simply switch them and install the floyd on there.

Thank you very much!

I do NOT intend to sell it and you guys are funny about carrguitar! he is a piece of work eh? buying and re-selling.

Comment

Would I be able to retro the shorter screws from the jackson floyd to the original? So they fit the recess?

Comment

Would I be able to retro the shorter screws from the jackson floyd to the original? So they fit the recess?
                            If your current "Jackson" stamped floyd is a JT-590 then no, they won't fit the narrow gap in the Floyd Rose Original base plate.
                            Like Model 88 says, you'd have to grind the shoulders down on the fat JT-590 locking bolts to make them fit.

Click on "Tremolo Info Project" in my sig for more info.
                            Henrik

Comment

jackson1, i LOVE the pearl fernandes V you re-did! gorgeous axe!

the chrome floyd came today! I just so happen to work at an auto parts store with a full service machine shop in the rear. I also know the machinist(I went to school with his kid and am a fellow hot rod friend of his) so we'll have him cut the long floyd screws down so they clear.

Comment

jackson1, i LOVE the pearl fernandes V you re-did! gorgeous axe!
                                Thank you, Sir!
                                Henrik

Comment

Working...
                                X