Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 or RX10D Limited batch

Hey guys!
    Well, the interest levels were kinda low on the KVX10 ideas for a batch but I did get some good Ideas...

Im thinking a bit more strongly on doing a batch of either RR3 or RX10D limted run.
    I will tell you this, they wont allow for ebony or 24 frets.. I keep trying and hoping tho. If that does change, you'll be the first to know.

Same specs as the KVX10.
    We can either have it with an EMG 81 one hum or poss 2 EMG's..

Maybe do a white one with some bevels or even pins... something...

I want to try and get everyone to agree on it.
    These will be a special priced item
    to JCF members as well.

Lets get those creative juices flowing

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: RR3 or RX10D Limited batch

Originally posted by vwall guitars:
    Hey guys!
    Well, the interest levels were kinda low on the KVX10 ideas for a batch but I did get some good Ideas...

Im thinking a bit more strongly on doing a batch of either RR3 or RX10D limted run.
    I will tell you this, they wont allow for ebony or 24 frets.. I keep trying and hoping tho. If that does change, you'll be the first to know.

Same specs as the KVX10.
    We can either have it with an EMG 81 one hum or poss 2 EMG's..

Maybe do a white one with some bevels or even pins... something...

I want to try and get everyone to agree on it.
    These will be a special priced item
    to JCF members as well.

Lets get those creative juices flowing

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sounds good Jackson hasn't put white on a import [bolt on] in years , how bout a rx10d white with blk pinstripes or bevels , matching white headstock and reverse headstock 1 emg 81 ? that would be cool but you'd probably lose people due to the revese headstock on a RR no one seems to like those , I do though reverse everything damnit [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

What was the KVX10 idea that didn't get interest? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I'm not much of a RR-shape fan (body's a bit small for me), but just off the top o' my skull I'd say two-hum/JT580/black with gold bevels/PCS-sized MOTO fins/bound head and neck/gold hardware/gold plastic bezels/bolt-on neck [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Matt for somebody who is not much of an RR fan you have put some thought into this [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well it was more to piss off the USA/PCS fans [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Imagine a bolt-on import that looked like a PCS with a Floyd [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I found the KVX10 thread, and you're right, no one wanted in [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd say an RR3 with maple board and black plastic fins is the way to go. The Rhoads is the ONLY guitar that looks good top-routed (cuz it doesn't take up the whole face) unless it's got a graphic and the cover is NOT painted to match.
          Everything else about it would be like an RR3, though, just the maple board/inlays. And I'd do plastic because it costs less than ebony (which Jackson would never agree to anyway, because it is a potentially lost sale for a USA Custom with ebony fins).

Good luck fellas, and if you do a Warrior run, be sure and let me know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Neckthru...some trem that retrofits out for an original floyd...24 frets...2 pickups, I don't care what they are, because I'll just put what I like in it.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

24 fret RR won't happen - he already said that [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Man I saw that Warrior run coment comming a mile away [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Your like me Matt import or USA the Warrior has something about it. Hey did you sell the White Warrior Pro yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  24 fret RR won't happen - he already said that [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's funny because I remember when Matt's Music asked Jackson representatives if a 24 fret import Rhoads could become available they said it already was, and that you just needed to order 24 of them or whatnot... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm.. Well, I mwill have to doubole check that then. My Jackson rep was here just last week and that was one of the main things I asked hhim.

Trust me, If I can get an RR3/RX10D with a 24 fret Id order it in snap!!!!

Guess I will have to ask him again!

Comment

Ah but you see it's all in how you phrase the question:

Person 1 - "Can I order a 24 fret import Rhoads (limited run, etc?"
                      Sales Rep - "Yes, but you need at least xx number of buyers"

Person 2 - "Can I order a 24 fret RR3 or RX10D?"
                      Sales Rep - "No." (the unspoken reason being that the RR3 and RX10D are production-models that must conform to the main production spec - 22 frets only)

However, what you SHOULD ask is "Can I order a 24 fret import RR with a trem?" without mentioning model numbers, because sales reps associate product names/codes with their respective design features which they have to study and memorize in order to remember what they are without consulting a manual/spec sheet.

Newc

Comment

I need a rhoads so this could be a worthy movement. 22/24 frets isnt a major issue for me but it would kick butt to have 24 on an import [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Im a reverse fan too, specially with standard sharkfins, or normal headstock reverse sharkfins

Comment

This limited run import would be of Japanese or Indian descent? I thought all the DX line was made in India?

Comment

Talked to my rep again... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                            on the 24 fret issue..
                            And for a final time... No on the 24 fret
                            Not unless I ordered 500 pieces. Yikes...

If its between made in Idia and Made in Japan, Im going with Japan.

I will know more soon.

Comment

well boys, its time to get the Entire JCF in on this run! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X