Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Discuss: The import version of the Roswell Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets Discuss: The import version of the Roswel

Really? Hmm, do you think it's worth it?

Comment

Dunno, but I was gonna go pull it down and play it next week, or maybe Saturday.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool, go for it. Let me know whatcha think!

Comment

One BIG question Where the **** is the serial number on this axe? There's a guy with one i might buy two days from now, i saw the guitar but couldn't find the serial number...

This one's metallic blue... :-)
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

they're stickers; should be at the neck joint. REALLY great idea, that was.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully,

One wonder who was the idiot who came up with THAT idea...
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

For some reason I find myself *really* wanting one of these every now and then, which is mad because it's a useless guitar for me - lol.

There is a guy who sells a lot of stuff - he's a shop in Germany I think - on ebay.co.uk and he has had a Roswell up for months at £666 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...86038&rd=1) but I'm not prepared to pay that much for it.

Note: apologies if I shouldn't have posted that link, just started posting regularly again recently and I ain;t checked the regs for a while <eek>

Comment

Out of curiosity, what would be the point of finding the serial number? They're not high on the list of guitars people want to fake, and it it ain't made of aluminum, it isn't a USA, so that kinda removes the two main factors for wanting to know the serial number [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Important things to note about the Roswell:
                  -That point is reeeeeeally long.
                  -The body is reeeeeeally narrow - big guys WILL have problems with it.
                  -Plays smooth like a mo'fo.
                  -You will need either a custom-built stand or keep it in the case or mount it on the wall - even a head-hanger stand like Ultimate makes will pinch the points on the head, and forget a Strat-stype body stand - not even spinning the cradle over will help.
                  -The output jack is on the inside of the lower wing - which is a stupid place to put an output jack on a V, because unless you're using a right-angle cord, your leg's getting jabbed when you sit.

Last one I saw go on Ebay (black) went over $800 in a last-minute bidding war.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know NewC, but it was just weird that the serial nukmber was nowhere to be found...

Pretty axe nonetheless, i'm buyin' this one for sure!. And for $300 with case, i just can't help it, lol!
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      For some reason I find myself *really* wanting one of these every now and then, which is mad because it's a useless guitar for me - lol.

There is a guy who sells a lot of stuff - he's a shop in Germany I think - on ebay.co.uk and he has had a Roswell up for months at £666 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...86038&rd=1) but I'm not prepared to pay that much for it.

Note: apologies if I shouldn't have posted that link, just started posting regularly again recently and I ain;t checked the regs for a while <eek>

[/ QUOTE ]

Without wanting to hijack the thread, I´ve dealt with him on 2 occasions and in both cases wasn´t exactly impressed, barely enough for a positive because the wares were at least as described [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Have you guys been wathcing the classifieds? Hippietim has one for sale. I think he's asking a fair price. That is if it's not sold already.
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Here's his site as well. Tim's site
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

did they ever make one with a pointy headstock? i think ive seen like that somewhere... but i cant remember
                            www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              did they ever make one with a pointy headstock? i think ive seen like that somewhere... but i cant remember

Yes, a import one, pointy head, sharkfin inlays and hardtail. The pick-up had a Groover Jackson logo, so I think he had something to do with it..
                              Correct me if I`m wrong.

Comment

First I have to correct myself, the answer was ment to be a reply, not a quote...
                                SORRY

Comment

Working...
                                X