Just ordered an SLSMG Flametop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just ordered an SLSMG Flametop

I rang him up and got one ordered and sent to England.

Comment

Yup, Matt sent one to Norway too. Just email or call him up and he`ll help you.

Comment

No, don't resist [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Please yourself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If I don't buy an slsmg flamtop with upgrades, it's a DK-1.

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat:
          I have read every thread here on the subject, thanks. So, are you guys that have these things still happy with them after having them for a while?

P.S. I am planning on switching out the pickups to EMG 85/81 right off the bat.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nice man very nice ! //Steve

Comment

arghhhh extreme GAS...must....resist...to...buy...one...

Comment

This guitar rocks!

Comment

I hate to keep saying this but man, THIS GUITAR ROCKS!!! Really kicks with the Duncans! I am thinking about getting another one and using these on stage. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by VanOsbourne:
                  I suggest ebay. I'm not a big ebay-er, but I just bought a really nice U.S.A. 02' DK-1 in transparent black (with a case unlike MF) for $665, not too shabby. Its my first USA (still waiting for my usa sls from kevin
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So you are the one who out bid me for that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

hey frankencat,
                    At the site of musiciansfriend I looked at this picture:

I really like the deep red color of the red flamed maple version, but then I saw your photo and the colour is ehmm very light and stuff. Can you tell me, when you see this one in real life, is the colour more like the photo from MF or more like the colour of your photo's?

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by corbstrat:
                      I've had some pretty decent problems with my brand new DK2 I got. It wasn't from Musicians Friend though, it was frome Guitar Express, with a case and for 5 bucks less than what musicians friend was willing to sell it for without a case. First thing I noticed is that the truss rod was out of wack, which is usual during shipping but it was way out. The intonation was also way out, were talking not even close. Even after setting the truss rod correctly. Also, one of the allen screws on the locking nut was stripped at the head so my wrench couldn't turn it. Had to cut some down from where I work to put in it. Also had to get a .005 brass shim from work cuz the nut was just a tad too low and it would buzz on open strings. The neck was also not sitting in the pocket correctly so I had to take it off and re-set it. The strings had giant kinks in them so no matter how high I made the action it wouldn't quit buzzing. Took me a while to find that one. The neck and middle single coil pickup were too high so I would always get a warbling sound when playing them so I had to lower them. The Lisenced Floyd is a pain. The position it comes to after bombing and the position after pulling are 2 seperate places. I took the trem off and checked the knife edges which were fine but the posts it pivots on had grooves in them. Smoothed all that down and it still does it. Got a trem stabilizer on the way to take care of that. Fine tuning on the D and G are a pain in the butt. It takes the incredible hulk to turn the fine tuners. Now after saying all that, after fixing everything, it is a great guitar. Luckily I had everything at work to fix and replace stuff with so it didn't cost me anything. It was just a little aggrevating having to put that much time into repairing a new guitar. But now, this is the 2nd best playing guitar I have, right behind my Carvin. I don't know if this is an import Jackson thing or if it's a guitar express thing. If I would have paid the Musicians friend price for it, it would have been sent back but since It was a good price and an uncostly fix, I decided to keep it. It's a great guitar. I will definately buy a Jackson again, just not online anymore. From now on I'll go to a store so I can make sure it's alright before I buy.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know I'll take heat for this but I was not impressed with the DK-2s that much at all. I played several at GC in jersey and everyone just felt cold/cheap/crummy IMO. They have tons of features like binding and cool graphics but it was just no joy to play on. And I can look past the setup too...it wasn't that. To be honest my $200 cheapo Kramer that I got in the mail was 100 times better IMO....not big on features/eye candy but had tons of mojo and felt great.

I don't know if I would go with another import Jackson again outside of the SLSMG.
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the DK-2 i tried was JUNK! i went with a used DXMG [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

tone zone/paf pro good choice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        i am waiting on the trem version of this guitar! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Trem Version????? Please explain how they are gonna fit a trem on this guitar? Is this something you have heard or just wishful thinking?

Comment

I would say the color is more like the MF pic. Mine was taken with a flash and I SUCK at taking pics. It is a nice deep wine red trans with a flame top.

DK-2's junk? I have two of them plus the SLSMG and a USA Fusion and my DK-2's are definitely NOT junk. They are sweet players and sound good too. Now the Japanese trems and electronics, that's another story but the actual guitar itself, especially the neck, is very well made and a joy to play IMHO. But then what do I know, I have only been playing for 25 years or so and have only owned..let's see...about 60 guitars...hehe [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X